How to use spoiler tags please?

EvanOfCaerleon

Watcher
'Please enter the option'

I select the text, get to the spoiler popup - hmm no luck

I cut the text, get to the spoiler tag, paste the text in - thinking that this may be the 'option' - still no luck

(demo)

Searching isn't helping aaaggh!

Getting there

Thanks in advance. I hope :)

Peter

Got it now.

For seekers-

When you're asked to 'choose an option' just pop a full stop in the text field there

Unless a space works
:)

Tidy battlefield lol it's the little things

Peter

Keywords: how do I make create insert a spoiler, tags

Another way is to use the spoiler icon (the exclamation point) on the toolbar. Just click it and insert your text between the tags. :)

For simple spoilers I usually type this:

[ spoiler ] some text that will be hidden [ /spoiler ].

This results in:

some text that will be hidden

If you want to include a headline in the spoiler tag, you can type:

[ spoiler="Some story bits" ] some text that will be hidden [ /spoiler ]

This results in:

some text that will be hidden

If you use the spoiler icon, for example when you mark some text and click on the button, it defaults to the "spoiler with headline" setting. I suppose I could change it to default to a spoiler tag without headline if that would work better for you guys. Myself, I'm usually typing out tags manually because it's quicker for me.

I think the icon works just fine, Arhu. Adding a headline text is no big deal, and often helpful. Did you change the font color to white on the headline? I seem to remember it being dark and almost impossible to read on the 'dark' page format I always use.

Supergran, highlight the bit of text you want to conceal and click the S button on the toolbar. It's on the far right and has a large S with a yellow background. Hope this helps!

I can't wait to get started on this book. I have one other book I need to read first but hopefully I'll get started on this one early next week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom