The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Hmmmm..........windows corruption is what I just had as well. Then ran virus scan as fast as I could and found a Trojan program. Plan on running a few virus programs from a thread up above, or below, which ever. Good thing I am going out of town a few days or this rig might have ended up out in the street in front of a very large truck. :cm:
Not sure where or how I got this virus, but have heard from several people I know that they had to do the same reinstall of windows. I would tell that repair guy to scan your rig before he goes assuming you need replacement parts to make it work...just a thought.

Anyway, have fun all and see you next week I hope.

There was a 42 file update that went thru yesterday. After that update installed, McAfee's firewall flat out refused to give DDO access even when I'd click on "always allow". I had to turn the firewall off to get into DDO. Anyone else having similar problems following the mini-patch?

I haven't been online all week, and I'm out all day today as well, but I'll try to update before game time. I haven't used McFee since it totally wiped my HD several years ago!!

I am hoping you guys discussed the time change last week so all are aware. As in the past we will keep it at 6pm CMT I am guessing. At any rate I should be here on time and most likely early, since we have all been getting in earlier most weeks. :lol:

@Dte...I have McAfee and did have to tell it twice to allow DDO, but no other issues after that.

Ok, since this is the proper thread I will post up the session details here one more time for those interested. We (those from team Corwin and RPGWatch) play on Khyber Server in DDO. We call our guild RPGWatch.....what else.....and anyone from the Watch is welcome to join.

Guild membership does offer some perks, even
if you can't join us for Friday night so please send one of us a pm with your character name and we can mail you an ingame invite.

Once in the guild feel free to speek up in guild chat that you are on. Most of us have several different level characters and if possible would be glad to join up for team play. I for one find soloing a little hard and have a few characters I would like to run more often. Same for many of the members.

As has been said before we use skype for game chat. If you want to be added to our call lists just pm one of us with your skype ID for that invite as well.
Any other questions about DDO builds and such, Dte started a thread in the MMO forums to cover that. Post away about any questions here or there.

End of commercial: ;)

UPDATE 8 NEWS

Update 8 is now on the preview server, so I'll be reporting on it a bit.

1) Armor (or Armour) customization: You can now purchase skins for armors. Some look considerably better that I've seen vs the old armor skins (my Half-Elf will be thrilled). Probably going to be bought using TP, but considering how much people have been asking for this, I'd say it will be Turbine's best seller ever.

2) Drow get some lovin': Drow lose their SR enhancements. Now, they get it for free, as is proper. Not certain on the formula, probably SR10 + 1/lvl, maybe SR11 + 1/lvl.

3) Half-Elf Dilettante: The Dil feats get additional enhancements.
Code:
Fighter dilettante gives access to combat feat DC increases, +1 str, armor mastery
Rogue: Trap sense, dex +1, up to 3d6 SA dmg
Barb: Barbarian toughness, con +1, dmg reduction bumped to 3/-
Cleric: +1 wisdom, bumps your caster level up to 10th
Monk: +1 wisdom, healing amp, up to 5 wisdom ac bonus
Wizard: int +1, bumps your caster level up to 10th
Ranger: dex +1, more bow str, elemental resistances
Paladin: cha +1, up to 5 cha bonus to saves
Bard: cha +1, bumps your caster level up to 10th
Sorc: cha +1, bumps your caster level up to 10th
FvS: cha +1, bumps your caster level up to 10th

4) New quest chain following the U7 quest line, including crafting.

http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=94

One of the best perks is that we can keep interesting items we find in chests and distribute to guild members. Even if our high level PC's are about level 15 we still find low level items that can be great for new guild members. We can send items through the mail system so you don't have to be online at the time.

I propose lower level guildies post here their character name, class, level and what kind of items they're looking for (weapon type, armor type, stat boosts they need etc.). Then we can post through the mail items we find. Getting decent items will make playing quite a bit easier. E. g. if you get a holy burst longsword you do a lot more damage.

OR, we could put a guild chest on the airship for everyone to use.

Guild chests are temporary. I for one refuse to pay real money for something that is only going to be of marginal use for a very brief time, and then have stuff that someone may need be destroyed due to that fact.

I'll just keep in in my shared bank or on a mule. Far safer, and not wasting money I have to kill myself for as it is. Push come to shove, I have a mule who can hold stuff as well.

What may be useful, and actually get people what they need, is for us to post some of the stuff we have here. If no one posts and claims it, then it can be auctioned/vendored etc.

For example, I have a +1 Shocking burst Longsword, and a +1 Shocking Burst Bastard Sword in my bank. None of my characters need either, so if someone who is in guild wants it, post, and we can arrange a meeting. I'll have to go through my inventory on a few characters, as I'm not sure what some of them have at all anymore.

Agree, not worth money for a guild chest that will poof on us. I wonder if starting a new thread in the MMO section for guild items up for grab would be less congestion for the conversation part of this thread. I have several items I could pass on, just need to get in game and sort them and list them. Good idea and be sure we give guildies enough time to see the list and message the person.
If others are like me, RL can keep them off the boards here for days sometimes.

I'd think it would be easier for folks to post what they use, otherwise we're all stuck hanging on to half a millions items until they "expire on the RPGWatch Auction House Thread". That's sort of how it works for us now- people know that Phuury uses great axes and light armor, so they save those items; people know that some nameless character of mine uses dwarven axes, so they save those for me; people know that Peter is always on the lookout for a good khopesh; and so forth.

So, rather than an "I have" list, how about an "I want" list? I'd include character level as well—even though it won't be up-to-date, it will give a general guideline to what's useful (for example, somebody saving a level 12 min Teh Awesum Big Mace of Thumping for my level 5 healbot would be a little pointless). To wit, my examples (although I agree with cm that, if we do this, it should get a dedicated thread):

Phuury (level 14)
great axes, light armor, underwater action item

Wouldii (level 12)
battle axes, hand axes, light armor, +5 stat items

Shadohe (level 9)
dwarven axes, heavy armor, mod/hv fortification item

Botdu (level 5)
heavy mace, heavy armor

Looking at the above, I'm thinking it might be a little pointless for lower level toons, since they generally need everything but can't use anything and usually haven't gotten to the point of specializing yet. Maybe skip those toons unless they're looking for a specific and uncommon weapon type (like Az and his falchions).

If we put such a thread in the General 'other' RPG forum, I can mod it, rather than the MMO forum which is rarely used or moderated.

I just did something that I never thought I would do.

I just soloed Devil Assault.

I was wandering around on Mirys, my Half-Elven Favored Soul, and thought, "Why not?"

Following this, was 30 minutes of pure torture, as I ran, leaped, and hacked my way through 5 waves and 3 bosses of infernal foes. The combination of Invulnerability (DR5/Magic) and Moderate Fortification (75% chance to treat critical hits as normal ones) and nearly 800 sp was what saved me. At the end, I had to actually turn off Power Attack, and swap to my Holy Maul as well as down a number of potions and burn through a CMW wand just to survive. In the end, the barracks was cleared of the forces of Shavarath, and I got about 7,000 xp and 4 chests full of money, and useless junk that I sold for more money. 350 plat repair bill.

This was after soloing through Gywlan's Stand as well. Another difficult run, due to traps, and over 8,000xp (and about 7 chests full of useless loot).

In all, about 15k xp for an hour or so's adventuring, plus about 2500 plat. I even got an outfit for my Monk that I never play.

Well done, there's no way I'd ever consider attempting such a feat!!

Considering I got complete and absolute garbage both as loot and as reward, I don't think I'll do it ever again. Don't get me wrong, the first 3 waves are easy, it's the last two, especially the trogs, which are a total *****. XP for the time involved isn't bad either, but again, I'd rather run Gwylan's a couple more times, for similar xp and much more fun, as well as better loot.

I've also completed the explorers in Necro 4 with my Cleric, and got a couple more rares to boot.

On the subject of loot, +2 to loot levels all this week. Farm those Bloodstones! :p Or whatever you farm, I know I got a decent anti-Rust Monster Greatsword out of Gwylan's Stand (+2 Acid of Everbright). Which is actually much better than the Everbright my Pally carries.

Sale on Turbine points over the long Thanksgiving weekend.

WTT +2 quarterstaff of power 9 :)

Any hocus pocus types interested before I sell this stick and buy something sharp?

Back
Top Bottom