Space Rangers 2 - Weekend Sale

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We don't normally promote sales but Stardock is offering Space Rangers 2 Complete - a pack with the full game plus Reboot expansion - through their Impulse digital system for the outrageously low USD$3.99. They also removed the country restrictions for this game a while back, so anyone can buy it.
More information.

does anyone know where to download the demo ? too cheap of me, I bought it instead :p

Last edited:
Mine took somewhere between 1 and 1 & 1/2 hours. I wasn't watching it the whole time so I'm not sure when exactly it finished. That was at about 340kb/s on average.

From their own charts I think everyone is taking them up on the SR2 deal so expect fluctuating download speeds - this always happens with Steam too if they put up a particularly sweet deal or release a big new game, the servers slow down to a trickle. 300-600 kB/s sounds about right, I think I got about 400 m'self.

I just purchased it. It took just under 25 minutes to download all 1.32GB. My only issue with Stardock's Impulse service is that it did not give me the option to choose where I installed the game to. I really wanted to install it to my secondary hard drive, not my system drive.

I just purchased it. It took just under 25 minutes to download all 1.32GB. My only issue with Stardock's Impulse service is that it did not give me the option to choose where I installed the game to. I really wanted to install it to my secondary hard drive, not my system drive.

Click on the Impluse icon on the top left. Then on preferences and then folders.
There you can change install paths.

Click on the Impluse icon on the top left. Then on preferences and then folders.
There you can change install paths.

Thanks for the tip. I don't think I'll bother redownloading and reinstalling this one, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

I'm not familiar with this "Complete" edition...
AFAIK the original's biggest drawback was the sub-par translation from Russian. Is it still true for this new version?

I'm not familiar with this "Complete" edition...
AFAIK the original's biggest drawback was the sub-par translation from Russian. Is it still true for this new version?
At $3.99, I don't care if Ivan Drago translated it lol
BTW, it may be gone now but I believe Sacred 2 was also on sale very cheap in the same site.

I really loved space rangers 2...the translation wasn't nearly as bad as some people said..It was even charming I'd say :p. The text quests were quite fun heh.. Complete Editon includes the expansion called "Reboot". It improves on a lot of things that needed a bit of tweaking :). Here's what reboot has on top of the original game according to 1c publishing..:

5 new text quests!
27 new maps for planetary battles!
10 new maps for hyperspace battles.
New government tasks.
New equipment and unique hull designs, including three super spaceships.
New game modes: step-by-step progress through text quests and planetary battles.
Expanded interface of ship’s hold and information center.
More than 50 new governmental tasks of different types.
New unique equipment.
Galaxy search system improved.

I heard that the english version of addon is actually worse than the original in som aspects? Cant find the review/mentioning though.

I did buy the addon though (I allready had the original). With prices like that its worth a try atleast.

Back
Top Bottom