Darkest Dungeon 2 - Launch as Epic Games Store Early Access Title in 2021

I liked aspects of the first game but ultimately the rng and grind killed it for me. I'm playing iratus now, which is heavily influenced by this, and enjoying that a bit more. It is a bit more forgiving in its design.

Anyway, I didn't even know DD2 was in the works... curious whether they'll make it a bit easier to play for people who aren't too l33t. =)

Doesn't bother me that much anymore. At least they had the courtesy to announce the deal before it's release. Look forward to playing the complete Steam version.:)

Definitely looking forward to this one. The original had plenty of things wrong with it, but I loved it all the same. Extremely curious to see what they do for an encore. Probably won't EA it though, especially on Epic.

I liked aspects of the first game but ultimately the rng and grind killed it for me. I'm playing iratus now, which is heavily influenced by this, and enjoying that a bit more. It is a bit more forgiving in its design.

Anyway, I didn't even know DD2 was in the works... curious whether they'll make it a bit easier to play for people who aren't too l33t. =)
To me the start was really fun, but it was the grind and the lack of story that made me quit. I had a lot of max lvl characters with good gear, but just couldn't muster the interest to do the last dungeon.

Maybe I should go back to that save and just try the last dungeon, but I just don't feel like it will be fun.

I could've tolerated the grind if it had been more interesting to see where the story was going, but it didn't catch my fancy.

To me the start was really fun, but it was the grind and the lack of story that made me quit. I had a lot of max lvl characters with good gear, but just couldn't muster the interest to do the last dungeon.

Maybe I should go back to that save and just try the last dungeon, but I just don't feel like it will be fun.

I could've tolerated the grind if it had been more interesting to see where the story was going, but it didn't catch my fancy.

I was almost in the same boat. I did however try the final dungeon one time. I failed and had to run out. I turns out the characters you bring to the final dungeon can never enter it again. When I realized this, I couldn't find motive anymore to continue.

There might be an option to change this now though.

I was almost in the same boat. I did however try the final dungeon one time. I failed and had to run out. I turns out the characters you bring to the final dungeon can never enter it again. When I realized this, I couldn't find motive anymore to continue.

There might be an option to change this now though.
Hmm. That's not very fun. That means lots of attempts to learn the monsters and lots of characters who need to be abandoned to get room for the ones who can attempt it again.

The whole grim and stressful aspect never really appealed to me. I could do without my team having nervous breakdowns and heart attacks all over the place.

The whole grim and stressful aspect never really appealed to me. I could do without my team having nervous breakdowns and heart attacks all over the place.
The stress mechanic is mostly impactful in the early game. After a while it is quite easily manageable with having bright light and at least one character who can reduce stress, as well as having all characters have a stress reduction skill when resting. And focus on attacking the stress causing enemies first.

I enjoyed this until the "throwaway" hero idea came in pretty strong. Then there was the whole "blood curse" expac which essentially forced you to throw characters out.

I enjoyed this until the "throwaway" hero idea came in pretty strong. Then there was the whole "blood curse" expac which essentially forced you to throw characters out.

I didn't really have that much trouble with the blood curse in the expansion pack. If a beginning hero got hit with it I'd usually kick him out, but I never had to throw out an experienced character. It did add an extra level of tension and stress to the player though, and while I often like that, I'm not really sure this game needed it.

Same. I really liked the art style and atmosphere, but I couldn't get past having to constantly replace party members. I'd love to see a similar game with less roguelike mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom