Gamedec - Review @ RPGFan

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPGFan has reviewed the Cyberpunk RPG Gamedec:

Gamedec Review

There's a lot in Gamedec that's praiseworthy.

When every decision has a lasting impact and people can literally be anything or do whatever they want, then what is the actual truth behind "living" as we know it? Would you prefer living in a bleak reality or a virtual space tailored to your preferences? Are these two worlds even truly separate?

That is the premise behind Gamedec, a cyberpunk RPG where players take on the role of a game detective ("gamedec"). The real world, called "Realium," is interconnected with a myriad of virtual worlds, referred to as "Virtualium." The two are connected to the point where the lines between them are almost constantly blurred, so whatever happens in a video game can very much have a significant effect on someone's life. It is up to you as a gamedec to investigate and solve cases that take place in the virtual that invariably connect back to reality in quite illuminating ways. In a world where perceptions are so fluid, nothing is truly what it seems. The mysteries you encounter connect to a much larger one that might just change your entire point of view.

[...]

Gamedec ultimately boils down to a creative and interesting gameplay experience initially hampered by technical and localization issues. A significant update was recently applied to the game that fixed most of the freeze glitches and problems with the English localization feeling incomplete, so I have amended my review score accordingly. I can now say that the English script approaches excellence, with only a few minor errors here and there to contend with: a much different case from when I initially played the game. I would still recommend saving frequently whenever possible due to how quickly the narrative can evolve and because the autosave feature isn't quite active enough to take that into account.

There's a lot in Gamedec that's praiseworthy. I love how the game constantly evolves based on decisions made throughout it, and the story itself developed into something truly memorable as it progressed. Those who want to play an engaging cyberpunk sci-fi RPG with an emphasis on decision-making may very well want to try Gamedec out, especially now that it is updated and more polished.

Score: 83/100
More information.

So is this anything like Disco Elysium or...? I still can't entirely grok what is going on with this game. You're a detective in a virtual world... and? Gameplay wise what's going on?

So is this anything like Disco Elysium or…? I still can't entirely grok what is going on with this game. You're a detective in a virtual world… and? Gameplay wise what's going on?
It looks closer to the Sherlock Holmes games, if you ever played those. You talk and look for clues, then assemble them and formulate hypotheses by linking those clues.

It looks closer to the Sherlock Holmes games, if you ever played those. You talk and look for clues, then assemble them and formulate hypotheses by linking those clues.

Harry does that... sometimes. When he isn't drinking, dancing, repulsing women, or getting into fights when small children. He does detective stuff.

So is this anything like Disco Elysium?
There are some similarities to Disco Elysium. It's inspired by that game.
Hmmm…I don't know if that's my cup of tea or not but thanks!
Funny enough one German review claims this is what Cyberpunk 2077 should of been like. If so if it would have been one boring game to play. I'll let myself out now.:lol:

Harrier Du Bois, from Disco Elysium.
I know, if you have one of the attributes high enough it let's you make up a new name temporarily until he finds out for certain his name is Harry.

I think it was Geronimo but may be mistaken. I played the game over a year ago now.

:)

Back
Top Bottom