What games are you playing now?

Can't you just lower the difficulty setting?

Avadon 1 and Avernum 1 on Torment Difficulty are way more difficult btw. ^^

Didn't find the difficulty well balanced, easy was most of the time way too easy and it took out the fun out of it. I also dislike playing anything on Easy, it feels like i'm doing something wrong and i need to figure it out instead of lowering it to Easy.. I read a bunch for DOS2 + made kind of a "cheat" character too (guides from people who had played the game to death and figured out the most powerful one to use).

If they use the same combat style for Baldur's Gate III I will be very disappointed, and vent my rage online.

Haha, indeed. No it's not fun and it never felt creative either, which was something i had hoped for this game - creative fights, interesting stuff would happen with all the stuff you can do with the elements. It ended up the exact opposite of being that, things has to play out in a very specific way and rarely with a way around it.

For me this is the opposite as well. If BG3 goes RTwP I am not going to play it.
But that's fair enough. BG2 wasn't TB either, so I am fine with skipping that one.

The use of elements is a bit over-dramatized though. Not saying that there isn't a lot of stuff going on and on the floor. It's importance and the combination aspect just isn't as high as it's often made.

And while there are ways to complete cheese it, like carrying explosive barrels around, that's absolutely not necessary, even on highest difficulty.

And while there are ways to complete cheese it, like carrying explosive barrels around, that's absolutely not necessary, even on highest difficulty.
So you never had to setup the battlefield before combat started or during conversations? How did you take down Aeterna?

I'm playing broke my motherboard while installing a new video card. 20 years of making my own computer and swapping hardware. First time something wrong happens (I'm not even sure what broke, but the neither video cards work on it anymore).

Anyhow, I dusted out my old motherboard and both cards work on that one. Downside: back to crappy old CPU.

But that old CPU should be enough to "finish" Stardew Valley and play Pathfinder Kingmaker.

My point is I don't like having to cheese fights like this to have any chance of surviving - I have no idea how anyone plays this on Tactical or Path of Honor!

I agree. I'm playing D:OS now, and I hate how delicate the fights are and how,
if big bad gets the jump, my entire team is wiped.

Divinity OS 1 was so incredibly easy on highest difficulty, that I set my own rules to not use health potions and special arrows just to make it a little bit harder.

How was the game easier by your standard? Did you invest significant time
researching your party builds?

But that old CPU should be enough to "finish" Stardew Valley

One doesn't simply finish Stardew Valley.

So you never had to setup the battlefield before combat started or during conversations? How did you take down Aeterna?

Hrm, was two years ago and don't remember anything about that fight, but as I record everything I just looked over it.
But didn't find anything special in particular. And it seems like I also beat it within 20 minutes and on first try. I remember I had much more problems on other fights.

You can find the combat here at 24:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLgegMcYI5g&list=PLNU8jxMn6ejrRuOb_95oajpyJgy20_Nb2&index=109

BattleTech has pulled me in again. Quite a few new mechs, some interesting new mechanics (knockdown isn't as easy now, "stray shot" mechanic, and so on)… and still plenty of fun building the things out.

Hrm, was two years ago and don't remember anything about that fight, but as I record everything I just looked over it.
But didn't find anything special in particular. And it seems like I also beat it within 20 minutes and on first try. I remember I had much more problems on other fights.

You can find the combat here at 24:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLgegMcYI5g&list=PLNU8jxMn6ejrRuOb_95oajpyJgy20_Nb2&index=109
Watched it. Biggest difference was that your party was L16, vs my L13 group. Her first attack round only stunned one of your guys, while all of mine were so the Hailstorm that immediately follows wiped my party before I could do anything. Now you have me curious how you managed to get to L16 at this point in the game. I only have Bloodmoon Island and the Lone Wolf Camp left to do and I just turned L14.

BattleTech has pulled me in again. Quite a few new mechs, some interesting new mechanics (knockdown isn't as easy now, "stray shot" mechanic, and so on)… and still plenty of fun building the things out.

Same. I hadn't played since the original campaign and I am playing on Career Mode. It really is a lot more fun than before with all the flashpoint additions.

Playing Red Dead Redemption 2. Restarted the game on Steam and on the full gaming rig. Looks great, and having fun.

But man, controls are sometimes really annoying. Another thing which I'm encountering is that sometimes the left/right turning via keyboard seem to get crossed/inversed while on horseback, if I turn the camera around Arthur. I'm not sure how it happens, but it seems to happen at the worst moments, when I need good horse control.

But, the game is still gold even with these little annoyances.

Also, forgot to mention another issue that seems to be Steam related. I've had no other issues aside from this, but this one is a funny one. When I quit the game to desktop, the Rockstar launcher seems to automatically want to start the game again, and then it itself complains that the game is still running, and can't be launched again. How the hell does that happen? What kind of bug is that. Weird. Maybe it's some recovery logic where they try to restart the game if it encounters an issue? I don't know.

But man, controls are sometimes really annoying.

Someone described it as playing piano chords on the keyboard lol.

Speaking of Steam issues, I seem to be having a lot of problems with the
download speeds on my client. My internet is 1gps and somehow, in Steam, I'm
only downloading kilobytes of data at a time, which is unaccepted, given how
fast my Internet is already.

Anyone know what's happening? I've already cleared my download cache and changed
my download servers multiple times.

I can't confirm any controls problem as I had none (Rockstar SC version). In fact I can't believe people played shooting parts on mushrooms. Unless the game didn't have autoaim on Gameboy.
Also I had no problems with downloading it, but it was RSC download, not Steam's.

I'm not playing it, after doing everything I thought might be fun and reaching 85% of overall completed content (I did solve all main quests and probably every possible side, but cba to collect all the pokemon), have to say I've asked myself quite a few times while playing it - is this a videogame at all? If yes, is this the future of videogames? Hopefully it is not.

I'm saying most of this game's content is boring. Assuming it's better than RDR1, I guess PC audience got lucky the prequel wasn't ported.

For those who didn't see what I wrote in previous posts: I do not recommend buying this game.

RDR1 was really great, never thought the content was boring.. it's a real miss for PC players.. i have only played RDR2 briefly on PS4 Pro (the intro is super long). In RDR1 you always ran into interesting stuff, people to save, missions and just your own stupid little adventures.. with the little experience i have i'd say it's a "tighter" game than the second.

I've seen it, too! Same thing - changing servers doesn't matter and my own internet speed is flying. I have to assume it's on Steam's end.

We've talked about this before: https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43928

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've switched servers multiple times, and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'll inquire on the other thread about slow speeds.

I don't know. I found D:OS-2 pretty easy on tactical. Mind you there are a few rough fights - in the first part of the game the witch - and later in the third part of the game there are 3 to 5 really hard fights on tactical but nothing impossible. Also since playing I've heard of some massive 'cheats' using tea to make things easier. Not sure I see the need to make things easier with tea but if you find it too hard there are ways to make it a bit less difficult. Or of course you could play on a less difficult setting. Saying the game is too hard but you dont' want to lower the difficulty level - well that is just mental.

@Philistine; totally agree.. it's by far the most difficult RPG i've played, i quit when i got to the second island. Enemies are just way overpowered in comparison.. The fights were too much like a puzzle imo, very little freedom due to the extreme difficulty / puzzle nature of it.

Back
Top Bottom