Might & Magic X - Dungeon Layout Contest & New Q&A

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Limbic Entertainment has posted a few more updates on the Might & Magic Xopen development blog.

The first topic is about the Dungeon Layout Contest.

sum2.jpg

Thank you to all of you who participated in the dungeon layout contest!

All in all, you sent us 17 contributions with 24 dungeon layouts, and they are all great! You are so creative! We saw what great care you guys put into it and we also saw your suggestions to be able to vote on more than just three.

This is why we decided to have two rounds of polls:

Semi-finals and Finals.

However we will first need some time now to pick the semi-finals for you to vote on. This task is not particularly easy: first because it's hard to pick just nine, second, because we have to make sure the nine we choose do not only look great, but are also realistically implementable into the game.
Next they have another Q&A.

When will we get an MMX gameplay video?

Sooner than you might think. Stay tuned! ;-)

Is it possible to play with only 1 or 2 players instead of a full party?

This is not yet planned, sorry.

As MMX is going to be a focus back to the older M&M rather then MM6 onwards,I was wondering if the devs can bring back the 5 primeval forces that were introduced in MM3: Cosmonium, Esoterica, Gaiam, Bellum, Lurkane?

As all recent Might & Magic games by Ubisoft, MMX will take place in Ashan. Those 5 primeval forces are not part of the universe, sorry.
More information.

Last edited:
“What about monsters’ respawn? Do they respawn at all? Is it time related (like MM6-8)? Is tied to some kind of hive you have to destroy?” (Yes they do, it can be time related, but I don’t know about the hive, can you tell me?)

Yes, there will be respawn in MMX. The exact mechanic details are currently still in discussion.

Uh oh, Joxxer is gonna be pissed :p

Well, they ought to provide better pictures if people are to vote about anything but the color layout ("what an interesting arrangement of colors on this map").

While it's a nice gesture towards the community, I don't see a point of this poll. It's OK to have a contest to design a dungeon, I'm cool with that, but to have it be chosen by a community vote is silly, as it will of course spoil the dungeon for everyone. If however they don't provide better pictures, to prevent spoiling, the vote will be pretty pointless, just a random vote on color arrangement.

Regarding monster respawn, I really hope it is not fast nor everywhere. Some limited respawning is OK, but I truly hate constantly and quickly respawning monsters (which is one of the reasons I can't stand most JRPGs).

There's one element of retro-gaming I wouldn't mind leaving in the past: blocky grid-based dungeons.

They've got the nine contestants of the semi-finals up: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/520ba7f2e754b6c616000000

Some of those look pretty interesting, like 3, 5, and 8. 6 ain't bad either, but it has a damn teleporter maze. Sure, a tele maze is a "retro classic", but I never quite liked them. Too bad there's no way to view the full map notes of the authors.

There's one element of retro-gaming I wouldn't mind leaving in the past: blocky grid-based dungeons.
Sorry, but I think you're missing the point of MMX. The whole idea is to make a game in homage to MM3-5, which were grid-based. If it were a free roaming one, it would be more like MM6+ (and I, for one, am glad they went with MM3-5 and not MM6+, like I've said before).

Sorry, but I think you're missing the point of MMX. The whole idea is to make a game in homage to MM3-5, which were grid-based. If it were a free roaming one, it would be more like MM6+ (and I, for one, am glad they went with MM3-5 and not MM6+, like I've said before).

Whilst I largely agree with this, I think the obvious counter point is that whilst MMX has this MM3-5 vibe in the grid based exploration, it's also more inspired by MM6-7 when it comes to party design and not the earlier games.

Back
Top Bottom