Leonard Boyarsky now working at Obsidian!!!

Drithius

Magic & Loss
Leonard has left his job at Blizzard and joined Tim Cain at Obsidian!

https://www.facebook.com/leonard.boyarsky

Now for Jason Anderson…

I've suddenly grown interested in Tyranny.

Best gaming news in a long time.

4MhthkF.jpg

Last edited:
So what does this mean for Obsidian? Will Leonard be a project lead? Maybe he is being brought in for a spiritual successor to a certain Vampire game? Who knows...

Still too early to tell... but the pressure on Bethesda by oldtime Fallout fanatics to contract Obsidian for a FO4 followup has just increased considerably :)

It would seem that Leonard's kinda late to the party as an Art Directory for Tyranny, but... who knows.

What projects did he work on at Blizzard?

I'm just curious what all the excitement is about. Blizzard hasn't impressed me with anything in a very long time.

Eh, JDR… Leonard Boyarsky… Interplay… Troika…

But, to specifically answer your question: he was lead world designer on D3.

Yeah, too late for him to do much work for Tyranny, if it's still slated for release in 2016. Now, if that Pathfinder CRPG ever materialized... ;)

Wow, excellent news! Two thirds of the Troika trinity reunited. *stares appreciatively at his boxed editions of Bloodlines, Temple of Elemental Evil and Arcanum.* We live in interesting times!

Thanks for sharing the news Drithius. As for me I'm very surprised he finally decided to leave Blizzard after working on Diablo III for the last couple of years.

As said already I wonder what he is working on. Here are my guesses.

1. Pillars of Eternity II
  2. New Fallout Spin-off
  3. Pathfinder CRPG
  4. Rumored new IP funded by Microsoft
  5. Vampire Bloodlines Inspired RPG
Well all sound good so I cant wait for more information.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the news Drithius. As for me I'm very surprised he finally decided to leave Blizzard after working on Diablo III for the last couple pf years.

As said already I wonder what he is working on. Here are my guesses.

1. Pillars of Eternity II
  2. New Fallout Spin-off
  3. Pathfinder CRPG
  4. Rumored new IP funded by Microsoft
  5. Vampire Bloodlines Inspired RPG
Well all sound good so I cant wait for more information.

I am hoping for POE II

I'd much rather see a new VtM-Bloodlines, but only if they can get the rights to use the IP.
Paradox bought White Wolf so they own the IP, and mentioned a new Vampire Bloodlines Inspired RPG was possible. I remember sharing a video earlier this year.

Whitewolf Panel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlA6LKUNDWs

Press Release - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31319

Also they seem to like working with Obsidian, and funded Tyranny.
I am hoping for POE II
Me to but no new information has been released yet by Obsidian.:disappointed:

I'd much rather see a new VtM-Bloodlines, but only if they can get the rights to use the IP.

I am really enjoying this play through of POE way more than the first one. Just starting in on the White March now.

what's this about a collaboration with Microsoft? Last thing I heard was Stormlands

what's this about a collaboration with Microsoft? Last thing I heard was Stormlands
Just a rumor I read in an older article from a few months back. Though it was briefly mentioned when Tyranny was still unannounced, and was not 100% correct.

One day I hope the Alien RPG that was canceled will be remade.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVedBa0-mk

Last edited:
Oh my god, I'd kill for them to revive the Alien RPG project.

But I'd also gladly settle for an Arcanum 2.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/sequel-bloodlines-2

Sometimes those horrible sites can produce nice articles:
In 2005, Troika Games released one of the most flawed yet shiniest gaming gems ever with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It’s an RPG based on the famous White Wolf property, as buggy and broken as it is brilliant, released too early after a troubled development period on a then-unfinished Source engine. Troika dissolved shortly afterwards, the team scattered to the winds. Now Leonard Boyarsky, who was project lead on Bloodlines, has joined Obsidian Entertainment, where Tim Cain, who he co-founded Troika and worked on Bloodlines with - plus a little game called Fallout before that - also resides. Obsidian have a close relationship with publisher Paradox, who recently picked up ownership of White Wolf from CCP and if you’re hearing a tinny screaming sound that’s me jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom