The Witcher - Gone Gold?

The game hasn't yet officially gone gold. Yes, the team is practically done, but it's not complete yet.

That´s strange because two print mags independently refered to Atari and CD Projekt as source for their gone gold newsbits.
So I´ll understand your post as "The marketing plan does not say 'Gone Gold' yet". ;)

Well, it's more that the game is still going through bug fixing and tweaks to prepare it for gold status.

Maybe they intend to release a patch at launch day if they have fixed any crash and major bugs, left with only minor ones, well let's hope. :)

Witcher is NOT Gold - sorry folks. Tom Ohle is absolutely right.
We´re running a witcher fansite at www.witcher-game.de and yesterday after some gamermags published this "gold-news" based on a simple developer-post at the official board i phoned Michael Roeder from ATARI Germany. He told me, that they got a "near gold release version" from CD Projcet, but this version has to be checked finally for bugs. AFTER this bugtracking by ATARI technicans and IF this bugtracking runs well (means no bigger bugs), than ATARI will publish a press statement in the next few days that Witcher is Gold.

Back
Top Bottom