Kingdom Come: Delivererance vs. Vampyr

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
Staff Member
I am considering handing out a wad of cash for one of these game during the Black Friday or Christmas sale (I have neither the time to play both before year's end, nor do I want to give out so much money), but I wanted some advice for those who have played one or both of these games.

If you have played both, which one is better?
If you have played one, would you consider it an excellent game? Could it be one of your GOTY picks?

My 2 cents:

KC: an open world *simulation* of a medieval life. High-tech (CryEngine!), good atmosphere, but too realistic (=uninteresting) for me.
Witcher 3 this ain't.

Vampyr: a comic book version of WWI-London. Kooky, but good pulp story, excellent atmosphere, very uneven gameplay and presentation (spot-on dialogue with choices and consequences, RPG mechanics seem tackled on, excellent environment, low-tech characters).
Vampire:Bloodlines this ain't.

Personal preference: since I'm a story junkie, I prefer Vampyr.

KCD is very, very good imo. In fact, I'd say it borders on great. It's a must-buy if you're a fan of that setting.

Be aware of the system requirements though. I'm not sure I'd bother trying to play it with anything less than a GTX 1070. It's also quite CPU intensive as well.

Get both, worth it, definitely. Will be very interesting were both studios will be 10 years or so, from now.

KCD is very, very good imo. In fact, I'd say it borders on great. It's a must-buy if you're a fan of that setting.

Be aware of the system requirements though. I'm not sure I'd bother trying to play it with anything less than a GTX 1070. It's also quite CPU intensive as well.

It is very demanding but I was able to play it well on i5 3570k and GTX 970 @ rather high settings and 1440p. That was during the release, some say it runs a little bit better now.

I loved Kingdom but I'd wait a little bit for more patches and DLC:s. When the mod tools are delivered I'm confident the game will become amazing.

Well here's the situation. For once I have a new computer, so can play through any RPG of the year candidate. I already own Pathfinder, Pillars 2, Battletech, Insomnia, Vigalantes, and Bard's Tale 4 through crowdfunding and will try to get through all of those by February. I just thought Vampyr or Kingdom Come might be one of those games, more so then say Tower of Time or Phantom Doctrine, which also have been released this year. It sounds like there are at least a few people who think Kingdom Come might be RPG of the year quality, Vampyr less so. Right now I'm considering if its worth trying to play through one more newer game before our GOY vote or not. I have a large backlog of older games I could also play through. . .

KCD is a musthave nearmasterpiece. It deserves nomination for goty, but it's still too early to say it should win it, there are more upcoming titles that could be turn out pure gold, AC Odyssey for example.

I didn't buy Vampyr, not because I don't want to, I'm gonna buy it sometime in the future, it's just too many games were released recently and I don't have time for everything.

What I'm trying to say is IMO you should throw dice and buy one now, and the second one sometime in the future. Which one will be first, doesn't really matter.

On GOG today, Kingdom come is $25 in a bundle. Sounds like the time is now.

So since everyone thinks KC: D is good I checked out the bundle, and it also contains Shadow Tactics, which is also on my wishlist, so it was too good to pass up. (And Battlechasers, which I already own)

So since everyone thinks KC: D is good I checked out the bundle, and it also contains Shadow Tactics, which is also on my wishlist, so it was too good to pass up. (And Battlechasers, which I already own)

Does GOG allow you to gift keys for games you already have?

Coincidently, I purchased Vampyr last night. :)

The key was for 3 games as they were added to my library all together. Unlike Steam, when buying a game on GOG (I have Battlechasers on Steam), you are not asked if you want to buy it for someone else. I don't see any way to gift a game already in my library either, but maybe I'm missing something. I have bought bundles on GOG where I had one game (also on GOG), and the price of the game I already owned was deducted from the total price.

Does GOG allow you to gift keys for games you already have?

Coincidently, I purchased Vampyr last night. :)

I think when I bought it the page said if you already had one or more games in the bundle you'd get a code to gift your extra copy.

Back
Top Bottom