Grim Dawn - Screens @ Official Site

Looks great. Titan Quest was the only game of this "ilk" I played start to finish since the original Dungeon Siege. Iron Lore is the only studio to get it right in my opinion. I've always got room for a little hack-n-slash.

Looks great. Titan Quest was the only game of this "ilk" I played start to finish since the original Dungeon Siege. Iron Lore is the only studio to get it right in my opinion. I've always got room for a little hack-n-slash.

I found Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege to be quite dull. Torchlight however, keeps me interested and of course, don't forget Nox!

I played Torchlight for a few hours. I know it is popular (so is Fate) but I just don't get the draw. Too cartoony, too dull for me at least. Today I can't stomach Dungeon Siege either, but in 2002 it was pretty good. I think the graphics and physics engine along with the game pacing an environments kept me moving through Titan Quest. The game mechanics just worked. In contrast I HATED Sacred, primarily due to the overbearing respawn.

IMO, Titan Quest is the best Diablo clone. The character development is very well balanced and the skills are done smartly, so you basically cannot develop a bad character like in Diablo 2. If there only would have been few videos between chapters to keep the interest in story, the game would have been perfect.

Heh, Nox was better than any hack'n slash game in my opinion - there was actually some substance in it. I kept waiting year after year for a sequel, but I knew the chances were low, especially after Westwood got swallowed by EA.

Heh, Nox was better than any hack'n slash game in my opinion - there was actually some substance in it. I kept waiting year after year for a sequel, but I knew the chances were low, especially after Westwood got swallowed by EA.

+1. I am with you and mazling on NOX. I enjoyed this game much more than Diablo anything. I recently installed it on my XP system to play it again but it either doesn't like my dual core or my widescreen monitor. It loads fine but it won't play without a semi-garbled screen.

*** Grim Dawn actually looks interesting and I love the screen shots.

Back
Top Bottom