Divinity 2 - Collectors Edition

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A collectors edition of Divinity 2 for the PC is available as a pre-order, although it is only available in Germany at the moment, where it has the 24th of July listed as the release date.
DivinityII_Collectors_Edition.jpg
The Collectors Edition comes in a box with an 18cm large dragon slayer holding a letteropener in disguise, a cloth map, the complete soundtrack, an A3 poster, a tattoo, the game and a booklet (on the image for some strange reason it has an Xbox 360 booklet with a PC DVD case but I assume that's an error).
More information.

Any info at all on availability for the English speaking market?

So long as I can get the most important box - the one with the disc in it - the rest is superfluous ...

I love getting a map with my games, and here it's even a cloth one (so much better than those on folded paper who are so fragile). The inclusion of the soundtrack is nice, too.

I hope there will be a similar package for the english version, but I'm not very optimistic about it. We didn't get the one for Drakensang, for example.

I'm asking myself: should I get it in German or wait for the English version... so hard to decide ;)

Available where?
At the moment only on German sites like amazon.de and probably on others as well, but I'm not that familiar with the best shops to buy games in Germany.

Id buy CE for DD. But Im pretty sure the english publisher wont bother with such things. Cheapest possible chinese plastic dvd box (often a bit broken from the edges) and "electric" manual will propably do.

The only thing I hope for is that this will not turn into another Gothic 2, where we'll have to wait years for an english version that is already finished...

I did end up playing both Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 in german before I got the english versions, but I really don't want to do that with DD2 as well :)

The only thing I hope for is that this will not turn into another Gothic 2, where we'll have to wait years for an english version that is already finished...

Yes, but usually, all patches are included, then.

Which often goes vice versa, too. At least of the publisher bothers to let localized patches be produced. Often there's only an English-language patch, even if the game has been fully localized before.

As a long-time Larian forums member, I'll buy that CE ... But this also means a great amount of money for me ...

If we take Drakensang (same publisher) as an example, only two markets got CEs, AFAIK. Germany and Poland.

Because Larian is Belgium-based, I'd expect a CE for that country as well.

The publisher decides whether or not there will be a CE. Larian might have a vote but don't get to make that call. As we don't know who will publish the game outside of Germany there is no way of telling.

You put it so negative. Dtp should know that Larian is Belgium-based and that they should deserve therefore their own CE ...

At the moment DTP makes sure the game is distributed in German speaking countries. Unless DTP has plans to publish the game outside of Germany as well I would think it will be the decision of the 'unknown' publisher not that of DTP. And I really don't think the fact that Larian is a Belgium company would be an incentive to release a CE for Belgium only. The country is simply not big enough for that.

E3 news are starting to roll in. Either the international publisher(s) are announced there or we can only hope it won't come out this year outside of Germany.

I can't wait anymore, let me have it! :)

Any news about the English release?

Back
Top Bottom