Pricewatch!

Amazon is doing "Video Games" as their gold box deals today. Sometimes these are good deals, other times not, and you can't tell what's coming up in the next two hour slot until it arrives. But it might pay off to check there every so often today.

Meat Boy ? Interesting, because - believe it or not - I have seen this game in retail here !

It would seem like they have actually released a retail edition of this game over here as well. I'm surprised that they decided to do this, because the game is (as far as I know, I don't own it (yet)) a rather small game. I guess they wanted to capitalize a bit on the fact that the game got such great reviews, and a lot of people still stick to their brick & mortar stores rather than digital distribution.

Never before been so excited about spending $33 on games I already had :D
capturefy.jpg

Yeah, GoG is just awesome. I primarily (re)purchased them all to get the soundtracks and futureproof any potential Windows 7 installs.

Gamersgate has a sale with a bunch of games (Dragon Age 2:$12, Witcher 2 digital premium $19.98, etc). I wonder if DA2 is ok at $12. I was waiting for the 'ultimate edition' for $15 or so that will eventually come around

Indie bundles are popping up everywhere. You can hardly misstype a URL without getting one these days.

Little big bunch is the latest of the lot.
This one contains:
Frozen Synapse
Explodemon
Serious Sam: Double D
New Star Soccer 5 (what we Europeans like to call football, because you actually use your feet more than your hands)
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (is this even indie?)

Their website is currently down though.

Is it really as bad as people say?

It has bad game-breaking bugs that are patched out
It barely resembles any Might and Magic game. Very unfinished. I can't recommend it.

Have you tried M&M9? I have 1-8, so I'm very tempted to complete my collection, but I am hesitant because of it's reputation. Is it really as bad as people say?

Most M&M fans agree that IX was a big step back from VI-VIII, but you don't have much to lose when you're only paying $2.99. :)

I haven't tried the GOG version yet, but it already has the community patch installed, so it should be mostly bug-free.

I already had M&M 6-9 on CD from purchasing the M&M Platinum Edition a few years back, but they're a pain to get running on Windows 7 64 bit. I purchased the GOG versions just for the Windows 7 compatibility.

Most M&M fans agree that IX was a big step back from VI-VIII, but you don't have much to lose when you're only paying $2.99. :)

Yeah, that's true...I grabbed it just now...along with 8 other games (damn these sales)! I've always been more of a M&M3-5 fan, so maybe it won't be such a step back for me. :)

Are they so stupid as not to have learned from their previous mistakes, or is this a purposeful case of false advertising for a bait and switch to buy later when the sale is over?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom