The Protagonist: EX-1 - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Protagonist: EX-1 is a science fiction turn-based RPG by indie developer 3Mind Games. The Steam page lists a 2020 release.

War looms between the Terrans and an invading synthetic race. A massive station appears high in orbit and the first contact between them goes very wrong.

An elite strike team led by Angel, a highly trained special agent, is sent to neutralize the threat. But the mission goes awry and Angel awakens in the infirmary of the station's lab. With no memory of what happened, she must trust an unfamiliar face to guide her through the alien ship and find the rest of her team. She only knows this: they are the only hope of Terra.

Key features:

• Martial Arts Combat System - customize your character's close-combat abilities.
  • Dynamic Dialogue System - make decisions and face consequences.
  • Initiative and Action Points System - fully control the actions of your character on their turn.
  • Deep content - enjoy 7+ playable characters, 10+ types of enemies, 19+ weapon types and much more in an isometric top-down view and hyper-realistic graphics.
More information.

Martial Arts Combat
That's instabuy for me.
Hire Michelle Yeoh and Yuen Biao for voiceovers and you bought my goty vote in the next year. :)

And those requirements… i7+16Gb of RAM... Gimme a break, it's bs.

I like the music and the tone. The Tron tone...

If those are the requirements, why do the in-game graphics suck? i7/16g ram/and an integrated IBM card for the graphics piece?

WEll it could be good but the title. "The Protagonist". Someone read the term protagonist in a literature review once and thought it might be a good title. May as well call it, "The person" or ":The character.". Will pay it attention I guess.

I wonder if the next game will be called The Antagonist or The Love Interest? ;)

But yeah, just a teaser to get us curious. And it worked, at least on me.

Back
Top Bottom