What games are you playing now?

I often think about playing W & W again--then I remember the insta-crash vampire ring bug. :(

That bug got fixed in the unofficial second patch. That left about 148 bugs remaining.

DW Bradley is a fantastic game designer. He seems to forget to hire coders to help out. See W&W. See Dungeon Lords.

I did a some retro console gaming this morning with Phantasy Star 1 (Sega Master System), and PSIV (Genesis).

Sweet.

I found a copy of the PS collection for the GBA recently and played PS1 for the 1st time since 1988 this weekend. WOW. Talk about HARD!!!

NWN2 OC: never finished it either. Played twice up to where you get your own keep and just got bored by then and didn't care enough about the story to see it to completion.

It wasn't so much the story though, it was boring but still better than NWN1's and more importantly the NPCs and their banter was actually pretty entertaining, it was the boring, repetetive combat. And there was too much of it. And I just hated the engine. Graphically it was better than NWN1's, but functionally I think it was a step back.

But like NWN, at least I got a good expansion pack out of it, lol (haven't played SoZ though, and reviews pointed to it being good for what it was).

I'm going though Mass Effect again, to stock a nice little save for ME2. But having played the game four times before, the Citadel secondary missions seem more boring than I remembered. oh well.

Othewise, I'm also having some fun with Avencast - Rise of the Mage. A nice little game, more subtle than it seemed.

And for the time being, I've given up trying to make a custom adventure for Dragon Age… detered by the ratio bugs/consitent tutorials for the editor (even the "updated" version).

I found a copy of the PS collection for the GBA recently and played PS1 for the 1st time since 1988 this weekend. WOW. Talk about HARD!!!

I also recently tried Phantasy Star: Generation 1, the Playstation 2 remake of PS1, via emulator. My god it's beautiful… too bad I can't read Japanese!

The game that could have been… Such promise squashed by literally hundreds of bugs. A bit sad. Long live the Uber-Horse. *cue funeral dirge*

I was also appalled at the interface ... had forgotten all of the unfriendly non-standard stuff.

I'm playing 'upgrade to Snow Leopard because Dragon Age for Mac requires it' ...

I'm still finishing up King's Bounty. Then I'll see if I'll attempt to finish NWN2! I did scrounge up my copy of Arcanum and Planescape...they really deserve a replay. It's been 9 years since I've played PS:T. I deserve to play it again because when I was playing through the Fortress at the end I was sniffling while my 6 year old babbled away:)

I did scrounge up my copy of Arcanum and Planescape…they really deserve a replay. It's been 9 years since I've played PS:T.

I've only played PS:T once, and I think it's been close to 9 years for me too. I still remember the story fairly well, but I wish I had time to play it again. :)

I finished Valkyrie Profile 2 yesterday... now I'm all out of games.

I finished The Darkness (360, $7).

Strengths:
+ Very evocative atmosphere (unfortunately one that I don't enjoy much, a sort of nihilistic horror vibe).
+ Well told story that keeps moving and is never boring. Mobsters + monsters.
+ Developer takes some chances.

Weaknesses:
- Shooting is clumsy, and this is a shooter.
- The scary/amoral vibe may not appeal to everyone, including me. I left the game sort of unsettled.

On to Assassin's Creed II.

I am such an idiot ... I hated Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes on the PC, but was able to get a good deal on the PSN version for PSP, and bought it. Guess what - it *still* sucks! :(

I've only played PS:T once, and I think it's been close to 9 years for me too. I still remember the story fairly well, but I wish I had time to play it again. :)

I got about half-way through a second play of it, and it just wasn't the same. Still the same great game, of course, but for some reason my reactions to it weren't as fresh or exciting. Decided to just keep the memories intact.

I finished DA over the weekend. By finish I mean getting to the ending, and doing ALL the quests and areas I could, and all the origin stories. What's left is the rogue only quests, and a couple of exclusive alternative quest paths that rejoin later.

It was great but not worth replaying IMHO. The companions were fantastic, and the ending conversations were actually touching. But... there is just too much generic combat for my taste to warrant a replay. By the end I had killed 1000 darkspawn!

I'm now playing my $5 copy of Assassin's Creed. It has nice graphics, and fun jumping and climbing, Combat so far has been meh.... No saves, wonky controls, occasionally awkward 3rd person camera - all of these are annoying. Well see if I have the patience to continue.

There's a lot of good PC titles right now Jaz. :)
For Linux? Heck, I ruined my VirtualBox about a year ago, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to fix it. Besides, all the RPG titles I'm interested in are for Nintendo DS… dang, I thought I'd get a DS for Christmas, but NO, I got Win7…
Now wait.
I need to terrorize hubby into installing said Win7. Then I *might* get some of the games I felt sorry I couldn't play over the last few years, like the last C&C, UT4 or the revamped version of Serious Sam :biggrin:.
And I envy you for playing Phantasy Star.

I need to terrorize hubby into installing said Win7. Then I *might* get some of the games I felt sorry I couldn't play over the last few years, like the last C&C, UT4 or the revamped version of Serious Sam :biggrin:.

Come now, I know you're savvy enough to install that yourself. ;)

And I envy you for playing Phantasy Star.

Cool that you know about it, not many people remember it.

Back
Top Bottom