What games are you playing now?

I've seriously delved into Witcher 3 (even though I said I'd probably like to cut/reduce the time spent gaming ). I'm 100h into it, and am absolutely amazed at what they've managed to do in this one.
- I'm convinced that, at least imo, this is the best graphics I've seen in an open-world game. At least when it comes to scenery and landscapes, it's unbelievably good. I'm constantly taking screenshots of amazing scenery. Look absolutely beautiful.
- The quests/story is amazing, and I'm again and again blown away at how many quests there are, and how many of them are as meaty as I've ever seen in any rpg. I'm absolutely blown away by some of the quest chains and how beautifully they intertwine. And some seem to just keep on going. Sometimes bordering on the absurd length. Some times I just want to go to sleep, and the "I'll just finish this quest, and then sleep" turns into 3 more hours of questing. It's amazingly good. And I'm only just now done with the main quest in Skellige (I've still got loads of side quests anyways).

The only downside of the game is the gameplay/itemization/skill mechanics. The general gameplay is ok, and I actually like the combat mechanics (even though I'm basically just doing 2-3 moves and spam those). I love the separation between dodge and roll. But the itemization is very generic. And I sometimes forget I've also got items I need to manage. I go from "epic" item to "epic" item and don't seem to feel any change. I believe at least part of the cause of this genuineness is the whole Witcher world. It's very much grounded and you just cannot go with out-of-this-world items and spells. It very much has to keep the gritty realism they want to maintain.

But so far, I love it. And will continue to play.

For some reason, trying out second Larian game, Divinity DKS saga, developer's cut.
Does this pick up?
Kind of feels like Oblivion/ Two Worlds, very "floaty feel" to everything, like nothing really connects, enemy rush, you backpedal, hit, hit, repeat.
Quests/Npcs/World( exploration) seem bare bones, overall feels like fairly generic fantasy setting, stat/ability progression do not seem compelling.
So that leaves with main story, too early to tell on where it leads, bu-u-t let's say presentation isn't game's strongest point.
Anyone played this, is it worth sticking with?

For some reason, trying out second Larian game, Divinity DKS saga, developer's cut.
…..

Yeah I've finished it. It's fairly light action rpg fair. I'm guessing you haven't got to the bit where you can change, thats fun. It's got the Larian sense of humour and characters. Plus my favourite npc of just about any game - the necromancer henchman. Don't expect too much or anything too deep, its the kind of game I'd describe as a romp, something for when you just want to explore and fight stuff. The story is ok. It's got a funny list of things you can do, from building a minion to setting up a base to mind reading and changing forms. Make sure to use of the mind reading power whenever you get the option, it adds a lot of little extras that help through out the game.

It took me 3 or 4 stints over about a year to finish. The first zone is indeed a little meh. I stopped my first attempt before getting to the second zone. The second zone is where you start getting access to more of the interesting gameplay features. I'd say stick with it til then if you can. Despite its size its not a paticularly serious game so just enjoy the ride and have fun.

Last edited:
I thought DKS was excellent. It has one of my favorite soundtracks in a RPG. I also like that it's more challenging than the average action-RPG, and it has a lot of easter eggs.

It picks up. I almost quit 2 or 3 times the first 5 hours; but after a bit found it to be fantastic. Still prefer it to the D:OS (1,2) games. Alas the ending is not that great (they tried some funky flying mechanics that imho don't work well - this was the basic for the dragon commander game they released just before D:OS-1. If you read swen blog they thought dragon commander would be the big money maker and d:eek:s a flop but alas things were reversed and they never gave dc the love it needed (no patches or improvements).

Does this pick up?
Kind of feels like Oblivion/ Two Worlds, very "floaty feel" to everything, like nothing really connects, enemy rush, you backpedal, hit, hit, repeat.
Quests/Npcs/World( exploration) seem bare bones, overall feels like fairly generic fantasy setting, stat/ability progression do not seem compelling.
So that leaves with main story, too early to tell on where it leads, bu-u-t let's say presentation isn't game's strongest point.

I'm having a blast playing Dungeons of Chaos, way more fun than the recent Original Sin two game was. This game reminds me a lot of the gold box games from SSI or Knights Chalice.

I'm having a blast playing Dungeons of Chaos, way more fun than the recent Original Sin two game was. This game reminds me a lot of the gold box games from SSI or Knights Chalice.

I believe you.

“Fabulous game. 80s retro, think Ultima III-V. Makes you think not mindlessly gather bits and autokill monsters. More devs need to revisit this genre. Believe me if you remember how to kill Lord British with the canon you should have this game!”
4.8 – Google Play Store reviewer

“For the price you pay you get an awesome game, tactical and challenging with comedy and replayability. Not only this but the online community for the game is helpful and knowledgeable too. 10/10 cannot put down.”
4.8 – Apple Store reviewer

AKA that ain't gonna happen under my fingers. Ever!

Currently playing Divinity 2: Developer's Cut. Excellent game, having lots of fun.

I just got passed the Battle of Kaer Morhen in Witcher 3. Oh My Fucking God. Amazing.
They got me crying at Vesemir's death. So sad. He was a great character. Also, the way they handled Geralt meeting Ciri, and thinking she's dead was masterful imo. That moment was tense as hell and also sad, and then curbed into happy. Very nice, I must say. Tops imo in gaming so far. Never felt so much for game characters. I hope I'm not exagerating, but they really got to me. The moment when Geralt turns Ciri over, and sees her, and just turns from the camera. Absolutely broken me.

Last edited:
So I finished one playthrough of Fallout 4 for the institute.

Hated murdering all the BoS and Railroad NPCs, which is why I put it off for so long.

Now going back and trying the Railroad, BoS, and Minuteman paths.

I just got passed the Battle of Kaer Morhen in Witcher 3. Oh My Fucking God. Amazing.
They got me crying at Vesemir's death. So sad. He was a great character. Also, the way they handled Geralt meeting Ciri, and thinking she's dead was masterful imo. That moment was tense as hell and also sad, and then curbed into happy. Very nice, I must say. Tops imo in gaming so far. Never felt so much for game characters. I hope I'm not exagerating, but they really got to me. The moment when Geralt turns Ciri over, and sees her, and just turns from the camera. Absolutely broken me.
Completely agree. Stayed with me for quite some time even after finishing the game. I actually missed characters that don't exist. Felt strange.

So I finished one playthrough of Fallout 4 for the institute.

Hated murdering all the BoS and Railroad NPCs, which is why I put it off for so long.

Now going back and trying the Railroad, BoS, and Minuteman paths.
Yeah, really not a fan of such fanatical endings.

I actually missed characters that don't exist. Felt strange.
Tell that to all of those who wrote the other day that story doesn't matter. Don't forget to share it with the phonsole audience who mantra "gameplay" as their usual developers are not capable of anything else.

Not to be completely offtopic, I had some obligations and didn't manage to play DOS2 finale yesterday but am on it and have a serious problem now.
Elex will be released in cca two weeks. DOS2 is superhuge and there is no way I could replay it in such short time.
What should I do now. What to use for passing 2 weeks. Tetris? :)

Tell that to all of those who wrote the other day that story doesn't matter. Don't forget to share it with the phonsole audience who mantra "gameplay" as their usual developers are not capable of anything else.

Not to be completely offtopic, I had some obligations and didn't manage to play DOS2 finale yesterday but am on it and have a serious problem now.
Elex will be released in cca two weeks. DOS2 is superhuge and there is no way I could replay it in such short time.
What should I do now. What to use for passing 2 weeks. Tetris? :)

I'm playing good ol' Divinity 2 because I needed some more Rivellon..

Aha! I'm playing Divine Divinity, just ran into the existential skeletons...briefly. Great game and I haven't played for several years. I'll be playing DKS after DD. I much prefer the older games to the newer ones.

Aha! I'm playing Divine Divinity, just ran into the existential skeletons…briefly. Great game and I haven't played for several years. I'll be playing DKS after DD. I much prefer the older games to the newer ones.

DD is massive, brilliant and unpredictable. However there were few bugs in my case, and I stopped playing after about 15 hours when my character spawned inside a shaded (unplayable) region after loading a save, and I could not do anything about it.

I completely agree about rather replaying the older Divine Divinity games over the two most recent entries. I'd never replay the most recent game that was released, but the older ones I have and will do so again sometime in the future when I've no good game to play.

I haven't played the D:OS games enough yet to compare them, but I agree that Divine Divinity and DKS are great. DD would have been even better if it was just a little shorter though. The endgame has too much filler combat.

I thought DKS was really good throughout. The only thing I didn't care for was the loot system.

DD is too long, I agree there. The last chapter is just a slog and I"ll likely skip it. I'll jump into DKS after that probably. I'll probably play DKS as opposed to Director's Cut. DKS gives me a couple nice sets of armor. I'm one of those who reloads all the bookshelves looking for spell books in Divine Divinity. With today's pcs you can reload in half a second :)

I'll probably play DKS as opposed to Director's Cut. DKS gives me a couple nice sets of armor.

Afaik, the Developer's Cut includes DKS in its entirety. The only difference is that the DC also includes some behind the scenes stuff and a cheat console.

Back
Top Bottom