Dragon Commander - Larian Needs Your Help

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
On his blog Swen Vincke is asking for your help and feedback in pitching Dragon Commander in the best way possible.
I’m going to list here what we have for the moment in the hopes that somebody reading this might come up with a couple of suggestions to improve the text and clarify the message.
Dragon Commander – Become the dragon, command the empire
The lands of Rivellon are overrun by the forces of chaos. You are one of the last dragon knights. Do you have what it takes to unite the races and build an army formidable enough to defeat the biggest threat ever ?

• Become the Dragon – Take control of the dragon in you and join your troops in combat, assisting them with a host of powerful magic skills
  • Full 3D massive real time strategy – Engage in land, air and sea warfare, commanding unique fantasy units with various upgrades and tactical abilities
  • Dynamic story driven campaign – After each battle, you make choices that affect the lives of everybody in the empire and from your strategi map, decide which countries to attack
  • Cooperative and competitive multiplayer – Play with or against your friends. In cooperative mode, one player can command the armies while the other blasts away at the enemy in dragon form
Feel free to rip it apart but please do give feedback – if you find this text appalling, please let us know, because otherwise you risk being appalled even more when next you find it back in all kinds of languages in all kinds of ads and on all kinds of boxes in say about six months
icon_wink.gif
Likewise, if you find it appealing, let us know too. And obviously, if something is unclear, please ask so I can clarify. Not being clear is the thing I’m the most afraid of.
One other issue we’ve been dealing with and for which we could use some ideas is how we’ve been handling our online presence. Up to now there wasn’t a clear plan other than everybody bitching that we could do better, but now that we’re trying to do better, we’re finding that it’s not that easy – go figure.
More information.

He wants our hepp in describing a game we haven't even played? ok…..

I think he mostly want critics on their current game description. As in is it missing information?, too much buzz world?, etc.

They also have to know how to reach more people, no so different from Kickstarters here though. Marketing is a whole new world for Larian.

You have to make it a "good" playable demo though. What makes a "good" playable demo is making it a good example of how the game plays rather then not even remotely like the game which is what many demos are. Don't just have the demo be the intro to the game since the beginning of most games don't really represent how the rest of the game is.

PS. A good suggestion would be to take a part from the middle of the game, and create an alternate story for that area, (to not spoil the story in the demo) and add a short tutorial, and release that as a demo.

I play crpgs and this isn't a crpg, so no sales pitch would really get my attention. Is Lars hoping to attract his Divinity audience? I don't expect that to happen too much. I found the dragon play almost nauseatingly boring and would hate to have to experience it again. Truly hoping that Original Sin is dragon-free.

I play crpgs and this isn't a crpg[...]

Dragon Commander only have one more layer, with all the RTS on top of the RPG elements.

Back
Top Bottom