View Single Post

October 4th, 2017, 05:31
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
I admit to still being a bit confused. So are you saying that when someone writes a review they should adjust that review if the score doesn't fit into the average and is an outlier? That reviewers should change their scores so they meet some external idea of fair?
The notion wouldn't be that a person should adjust the review to fit the scores of others, but rather that a person should set personal biases aside and review a game on its own merits. That almost certainly isn't what has happened here - otherwise, as one example, the chances would be infinitesimal that these two games would tie with the same score from the same person:

- D:OS2, a game that is tied at 95 (with BG2) for best-reviewed PC RPG in history on Metacritic, with only 2 reviewers out of 45 giving it below an 88
- ME:A, a game that scored a mediocre 72 on Metacritic with only 2 reviewers out of 37 even giving it above an 85

On the other hand, as I mentioned in my previous post, it's also possible that the RPGWatch star rating system isn't granular enough to even show the difference. (Are half-stars allowed? I forget)

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)