Dead Space 2 details released.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Here are some details about the recently announced Dead Space 2.

* The opening of the game finds Isaac on a space station, The Sprawl, along with the Marker.

* You get to witness the start of the infection on The Sprawl

* Isaac will speak in this one.

* Isaac will interact with other NPC's in Dead Space 2.

* Isaac will continue suffering from mild dimentia as a result of his interaction with the Marker in the first game.

* Largely similar graphics but slightly updated and refined.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=28235

I tell you, Dead Space took me forever to get motivated to play but man did I marathon that thing. I personally had no issues with the mouse+keyboard controls. Can't wait for next installment :)

I'm encouraged about the bit about interacting with NPCs. I thought the original was a bit repetitive, just trudging through the different areas blasing monsters, and the only objective was to open up the next area. The only people you saw were killed just as you came upon them. I thought that if you could maybe talk to survivors, and maybe go on little side missions for them to help them or something it would have made it more interesting. I wonder if it's going to be something like that.

Actually, the feeling of being so alone was one of the things I liked about Dead Space. It only added to the atmosphere, and made it feel even darker to me.

Gah, I bought DS 1, and have yet to play it. Maybe it should be next on my list?

It's a VERY watered down System Shock 2 - focusing mostly on action and "jumpy" horror elements.

It peaks around level 4, and I consider the remaining levels redundant - unless you really enjoy the gameplay.

I completed it for the story, but it wasn't that good.

7/10 overall.

No, the atmosphere in Dead Space is a lot more than the simple "look out!" tactics of games like Doom 3. Opinions of the game vary, which is why I would suggest just trying it for yourself. I'd say it's easily a 9/10 *if* you're a fan of the survival horror genre.

Thrasher, remember folks here tend to judge things relative to RPGs. You'll love it I promise! Heck you liked Quake 4....

Yep. Of course, tastes change, but you've convinced me. I loved Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and that was in the last year. :)

Yep. Of course, tastes change, but you've convinced me. I loved Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and that was in the last year. :)

You should definitely check it out :)

Doom 3 was obscene, but I think Dead Space is closer to that, than to System Shock - but that's subjective.

I'm a huge survival horror fan, but only when the games are relatively cerebral. System Shock is my all-time favorite game, and I consider it the ultimate survival horror experience. If you're more into Resident Evil or similar, then Dead Space is likely to impress you more than it did me.

Then again, I tend to look down upon games that copy elements blatantly, but don't evolve anything - and instead takes it backwards.

For that same reason, I didn't like Bioshock as much as most people.

Can't wait for Dead Space 2. It wasn't only a great game, but it also showed how a properly done inventory looks like.

Heck you liked Quake 4
Hey! Don't diss my lovely oldschool Quake4 !

Proper inventory management is so simple, it can only go wrong if you overthink it.

Not sure whether anyone will see it, but Dead Space (1) is $9.99 on Steam today.

Back
Top Bottom