WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
I'm far behind :p Just went to Daeran's birthday, it's nice :)

I suppose the part about a 'fire suppressor' (one of the distractions) is not done yet, or just a lure? ;)

I'm far behind :p Just went to Daeran's birthday, it's nice :)

I suppose the part about a 'fire suppressor' (one of the distractions) is not done yet, or just a lure? ;)

That is one of the ways to distract Dae but I think the journal is not updating correctly - I reported it as a bug

EDIT: cancelled, see post below

@Pladio; @wolfgrimdark; and anyone in the beta (Purple has already done it) :)
Owlcat Games has put a survey post in their forums (direct link)

There are questions for each act so it's probably best to wait until the end of an act before filling it in. I don't know when they want the results though, they seem unsure themselves, I suppose they'll say when it's about to be finished.

Last edited:
Scratch that :S

Galagraphia said:
Due to the number of complaints, we are closing the current survey, and we will restart it again, after the issues you were having with it get fixed. We ask you not to complete the survey if you've started answering it already. And we apologize for the insufficient quality of the survey

Yea glad I waited on the survey. Been too busy.

One of the devs pretty much confirmed current beta save won't be compatible with update in April, since lots more content will be added to beta then.

One of the devs pretty much confirmed current beta save won't be compatible with update in April, since lots more content will be added to beta then.
Ah well. Perfect excuse to restart something else. But that's a long way for you if you want to redo everything until ch4 to overcome the current issues...

Ah well. Perfect excuse to restart something else. But that's a long way for you if you want to redo everything until ch4 to overcome the current issues…

Like you said, its a good opportunity to try something new - once the update hits in April, I will start my bloodrager lich run. Even if I don't end up getting to chap3-4, at least I will get to experience a new class I never played before :)

Finished my beta run after 75+ hours - it was real fun :)

Now, I need to start brainstorming for the preview. Hopefully I can finish it before beta version 2 hits in April!

Now, I need to start brainstorming for the preview. Hopefully I can finish it before beta version 2 hits in April!
Well done!

It's very promising, so far I had a lot of fun too :)
And it's not small either, what would be your guess, in comparison to Kingmaker and knowing there are more acts to come? Won't that be more or less similar in length?

With that depth in lore and mechanics, I'm wondering if that wouldn't be better to make it a bit shorter and take more time to polish everything (or put more C&C). Wouldn't that give more replay value? There are so many interesting classes to try!

But I suspect it's just me, and many people are not afraid to replay a 100-150+ hour game, I'm quite slow too because I'm checking all the little corners - you saw how I missed things when I don't ;), replaying parts to see the alternatives, and so on.

Well done!

And it's not small either, what would be your guess, in comparison to Kingmaker and knowing there are more acts to come? Won't that be more or less similar in length?

With that depth in lore and mechanics, I'm wondering if that wouldn't be better to make it a bit shorter and take more time to polish everything (or put more C&C). Wouldn't that give more replay value? There are so many interesting classes to try!

But I suspect it's just me, and many people are not afraid to replay a 100-150+ hour game, I'm quite slow too because I'm checking all the little corners - you saw how I missed things when I don't ;), replaying parts to see the alternatives, and so on.
I'd much prefer it being a 50 hour game with more replayability than it being 150 hours.

There's no way I'll ever replay a game that long. If I even ever finish it.

Well done!

The rough split of hours per chapter should be something like this:

Prologue + chapter 1 = 15 hours
Chapter 2 = 15 hours
Chapter 3 = 25 hours to 30 hours
Chapter 4 = 15 houts to 20 hours

There are still 2 more chapters to go with WotR so I suspect it will be roughly the same length as Kingmaker.

However, while Kingmaker gametime was bloated due to kingdom management, WotR has much less "filler" content. So in essense, more meaningful contents which kept me interested the whole time. Mythic story line really does add to replayability (each path gives off different vibe) but I think the general plot itself is engaging on its own.

So yes, while some may find 100+ hours too long for replay they will get plenty of enjoyment from a singleplay through. And who knows, they might find mythic too fun they will decide to replay the game after all ;)

Personally, I think the game begs for replay as different mythic also gives more information on certain part of the plot (i.e. you will discover something new that relates to the main plot each time you play different mythic.

Anyway, stay tuned! I will try to describe things better in my preview :)

Thanks! :)

However, while Kingmaker gametime was bloated due to kingdom management, WotR has much less "filler" content. So in essense, more meaningful contents which kept me interested the whole time. Mythic story line really does add to replayability (each path gives off different vibe) but I think the general plot itself is engaging on its own.
Good point!

Kingmaker had dead periods in which the user had to spend the whole time in kingdom management to trigger the next chapter. That's what I experienced anyway. If that is replaced by real content, it's a step in the right direction :)

Time is limited though, so even if that's interesting, I would find it difficult to commit to another 100+ hours - maybe less with the experience and by rushing some parts, but still a lot. That's even more cruel considering all the good features to explore!

I'd like to see an option to start a new character, for example, at chapter 3 / level 9, quickly select the few important story choices that should have been made before, the mythic path, and do the pending level ups. It's not the same as living in the skin of the characters while they're growing up, but it would allow us to explore more of the game, and make Owlcat's efforts to give us a complex game so much more worthwhile.

Time is limited though, so even if that's interesting, I would find it difficult to commit to another 100+ hours - maybe less with the experience and by rushing some parts, but still a lot. That's even more cruel considering all the good features to explore!

I'd like to see an option to start a new character, for example, at chapter 3 / level 9, quickly select the few important story choices that should have been made before, the mythic path, and do the pending level ups. It's not the same as living in the skin of the characters while they're growing up, but it would allow us to explore more of the game, and make Owlcat's efforts to give us a complex game so much more worthwhile.

I think respec option will easily solve this problem (which I suspect will be done by either modders or Owlcats themselves) - if you make a save file right before you lock in mythic path for the first time, then you can respec your race, class and alignment using this save to choose whatever mythic you want to choose for the future playthroughs. Since you get to lock in mythic path towards end of chapter 2, that will save you roughly about 30 hours of gameplay.

I think prologue to chapter 2 deserves at least 1 replay though, as you may not get to fully explore all contents in 1st playthrough.

Also, I'd say don't get too intimidated by the playtime - it also accounts for the time you spend to plan out build for all your characters (which is real fun with so many options available to you) and the playtime will vary depending on how fully you explore everything (some may choose not to read all the lore stuff or may even skip some puzzles and hidden contents).

My beta playtime is based on completionist run approach :)

Glad you enjoyed it, and I look forward to reading your preview.

You're going to play through it all again next month? I wish I could find a game I enjoy that much. I can't bring myself to replay a game that soon no matter how good it was.

Glad you enjoyed it, and I look forward to reading your preview.

You're going to play through it all again next month? I wish I could find a game I enjoy that much. I can't bring myself to replay a game that soon no matter how good it was.

Yes, I will be replaying beta again when the beta2 hits. It's really fun trying out all different classes and mythic builds/story.

I have to admit though, I wish I don't have to replay prologue to chapter 2 anymore since I played prologue and chapter 1 like 5 times and chapter 2 much more than that (because pre-alpha was chapter 2 only).

Well, you don't have to be envious of me :p I have very specific taste in game so I don't end up enjoying many games - so while others get to enjoy variety of games I only end up playing a few games over and over again :p

Last edited:
It's officially on Good Old Games \o/

https://www.gog.com/game/pathfinder_wrath_of_the_righteous

Nothing really for now, but you can already wishlist it ;)

Little heads-up: I had a lot of synchronization problems with Kingmaker's saved files on GOG, because they're huge. That's only if you synchronize with the cloud, if you keep them locally there shouldn't be any problem.

So be aware of this little issue if you choose GOG :-/

BTW, I'm wondering whether we can choose where to get it, when we pre-order it on their website?

EDIT: from the answer some people got, we'll have the choice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom