Wasteland - Review @ LGR

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
I've been playing this thanks to getting it through my Kickstarter contribution. I never played it back in the day and I was afraid it was going to be far too dated. BUT, truth be told, I have been having a lot of fun with it! I recommend giving it a try. The updates are helpful too!

Is there any way to minimize Wasteland to the desktop while playing? Alt-Tab doesn't work, and Alt-Enter only makes it a window that keeps your mouse pointer within it.

I'm trying to figure out how to to reference the "Wasteland Paragraphs" PDF while playing. I guess I could probably download it to my phone if I have to, but I'd rather be able to read it on my desktop.

Is there any way to minimize Wasteland to the desktop while playing?

My personal Heavy Weapon for such problems is DosBox and a trusty jotter software. In fact, I have played Wasteland two years before using this setup.

If you use a professional jotter/infomanager software along with DosBox, you can easily play the game in the office as well! ;)

Never heard of this reviewer before… his videos are so strange, reviewing relics out of the 80's via Youtube as if they were released just yesterday.

Well its fixed now for those picky watchers that have to complain about minor details. I still enjoyed watching it, and the new release isn't that much different.;)

Is there any way to minimize Wasteland to the desktop while playing? Alt-Tab doesn't work, and Alt-Enter only makes it a window that keeps your mouse pointer within it.

I'm trying to figure out how to to reference the "Wasteland Paragraphs" PDF while playing. I guess I could probably download it to my phone if I have to, but I'd rather be able to read it on my desktop.
Don't know if you are playing the original version or the one updated by Inxile, but the new had the paragraphs in-game

Don't know if you are playing the original version or the one updated by Inxile, but the new had the paragraphs in-game

Yeah, I feel sort of stupid now. I didn't realize what the book icon was for or that I could click on it. :)

Is it possible to flee from combat? I don't seem to be able to. Whenever I use the "run" command and exit combat, the enemies simply re-engage me on the very next turn.

Oh btw, Alt+Ctrl+Enter will allow you to access your desktop.

Back
Top Bottom