ES4: Knights of the Nine - Review @ Game Industry News

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft's latest Oblivion addon, Knights of the Nine, has been reviewed at Game Industry News. Despite some criticism of the scope and length, the score is a full 5/5. Here's the conclusion:
As expansion packs go, I was both impressed and slightly disappointed with this one. I kind of expected something on the order of Bloodmoon, which offered what amounted to an entirely new game for Morrowind. Knights is nice, but getting finished in just six hours left me wanting more. If you have a PC, do yourself a favor and buy the full retail game box so at least you will have a bunch of extra content to play with as well as the Knights quest. Either way, Knights will inject some real life into Oblivion for you, especially if you have started to wander off and play other titles.
More information.

This isn't a "real" expansion though is it. It's just the downloadable content in a box.

Yes, Knights of the Nine is just a mini-expansion with 2-10 hours of gameplay and the boxed version also contains all of the previously released DLC.

This isn't a "real" expansion though is it. It's just the downloadable content in a box.

It isn't an 'expansion' in terms of area, but there is a fairly large (some quoting ~20 hours) quest set provided as the core content. The boxed version has that *plus* every previous downloadable content pack.

My statement was in regards to the review which states "I kind of expected something on the order of Bloodmoon, which offered what amounted to an entirely new game for Morrowind."

Its was never intended to be that. The first "proper" expansion will be The Shimmering Isles.

My statement was in regards to the review which states "I kind of expected something on the order of Bloodmoon, which offered what amounted to an entirely new game for Morrowind."

Its was never intended to be that. The first "proper" expansion will be The Shimmering Isles.

Oh - that makes sense ... I was just clarifying on your statement "It's just the downloadable content in a box."

It isn't an 'expansion' in terms of area, but there is a fairly large (some quoting ~20 hours) quest set provided as the core content. The boxed version has that *plus* every previous downloadable content pack.

Hurrah for the horse armor! :p

Last edited:
This just adds another new quest line like the Fighter, Mage, Thief or Assassin guilds quests, from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom