Risen Technical check list

I don't understand why there are so many people complaining about their GFX card. The 8000 series is 4y old -> They don't have to get a 7000 series card working, it's just goodwill. Krzychu and grinaris, buy another video card. It's not like they cost that much nowadays.

Eh…What you do not realise , like me, here, disabled, its not that easy to just pop in a new card…This gaming 'puter cost me allot I am still paying off..
I DL Risen from Steam twas more doing it here, In Éire paid allot for a game that has been nothing but glitches, fog, unsee-able nights..ect.. ..I read that this WAS tested on the NVidia 7 series with NO problems..

Have a heart, not everyones is rolling in coins.. I play Oblivion, on high, Fallout 3 maxed and even Bioshock..This card is just fine on my Duo Core 2 Extreme..to play these games maxed,..
So why should not support still be there..Its more than goodwill, its responsibility, if they still sell us the card, on a gaming machine..they need to support it..

As for the producers..they are slacking with a fix..if 7 series did not work, they should have told us first before we spent our money, and nor have reviews, that it was tested, saying it would work on the 7950GT card..
Aye it is their responsibility lad, it is..aye, as it is the producers of the game..la
For it is not the Vid card, thats the problem, alone..its the programming..

If you don't believe me go to the Deep Silver Forum itself heres the link tread that states by those in the know..its not the Vid card, tis the game..

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43539

Last edited:
@Aeryn333:
Your complaints are valid naturally but if you have a 7950GT on a core 2 extreme it
might be a good idea to go for a better card (an ATI 4870 or NVIDIA GTX260 which
are very good value for money).

I recently purchased an ATI 4870 for my aging PC deciding to forego an expensive
new system and discovered to my great surprise that the game was actually GPU
limited in 1280x800 and everything on low on my AMDFX55 ATI X1900XT rig !
(game plays great now on 1680x1050 everything high except DOF and fps 32-55).

So do not expect to get a very playable experience from that card (which is a shame
since you have a good cpu). Even an ATI 4850 would make a huge difference (although
for the small price dif. I would go for the 4870).

anyway my 2c.

I got P4 3,0 GHz, ATI X1600 and 1 GB RAM,

and it runs. It runs better than Gothic 3.

Better than G3 you say ?!
I can play G3 cp 1.72 at 1680x1050 all maxed out at very decent fps (bar the stuttering
naturally). I achieved the same playability in Risen at 1280x800 everything on low with
visibility at medium (and boy did the game look awful at those settings)… Weird…

Edit: Ah I seem to remember that G3 really did not scale well to more average systems
(actually it didn't scale all that well upwards too) so yeah its possible risen scales better in
comparison (although that is not what I got on my little pre/after ATI 4870 test)

The memory requirement alone should make a difference (G3 Needed at least 1,5 GB
Risen should be Ok with 1...)

I don't understand why there are so many people complaining about their GFX card. The 8000 series is 4y old -> They don't have to get a 7000 series card working, it's just goodwill. Krzychu and grinaris, buy another video card. It's not like they cost that much nowadays.
This is not correct. They decided that a 7900 is the minimum requirement. A game has to run technically correct on the minimum requirement.

Indeed, if they said that this game plays on 7-series cards it should do so. Nothing odd of people like me complaining when it doesn't. The funny thing is that i get a decent framerate and suffer almost no huge fps drops in the game. Heck it runs quite smoothly aside the fucking fog bug. Surely I don't play on maxed details but not the lowest either.

Last edited:
Update:

GeForce 7
nVidia driver
AA

The 8000 series is 4y old -> They don't have to get a 7000 series card working, it's just goodwill. Krzychu and grinaris, buy another video card. It's not like they cost that much nowadays.

I know, these are old cards now - I mean, I was worried if Risen would run *at all* before I read the minimum reqs - I'm just not happy, since this is the card I have right now. Also, I'm very stubborn, and change video cards only once a couple of years. ;) :p

@Dez: Pretty much the same here, runs decently!

Anyways, glad to hear that they (hopefully) fixed this bug.

I've got a 7900 GTO and after all those years I'm still quite satisfied with it (I was quite surprised that I got Crysis running with maxed out settings [DX9, mind you]). The 7900 GTO is still better than the low performing 8000 series cards, no need to update (and no money).

And it's not goodwill, it's keeping the target group as wide as possible. Not everybody a) is able to and b) intends to upgrade his rig. Especially if Crysis runs without any problems and looks better (not talking about art direction here). I won't be upgrade my PC until 2015. What runs, runs. What doesn't, doesn't get bought. I'm that hardcore.

There is a fix to make the game playable on geforce 7 cards even without the patch which would be out soon… http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?p=398808 , it works quite ok, even if it is not perfect…

It runs much better than G3 on a low end machine BTW :) I tried on a test machine with geforce 7800 , 2 gb ram, and an old AMD 2.2 ghz processor... plays quite ok, even in combat.... G3 would be completely unplayable on this setup in comparasion even after a lot of modding...

A week and no hot fix released.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to adjust the mouse sensitivity in this game? I find it to be a little too fast, especially the horizontal movement. I can spin him 180 degrees without even trying. Changing the settings in the ConfigDefault file don't seem to have any effect.

Anyone know how to adjust the mouse sensitivity in this game? I find it to be a little too fast, especially the horizontal movement. I can spin him 180 degrees without even trying. Changing the settings in the ConfigDefault file don't seem to have any effect.

That's because your configUser.xml in c:\ driver overrides the configdefault.xml. Copy the setting to that file. Check also my thread about the Improved Graphics, it's the same thing.

I can't see something in the journal error:

Meanwhile we have 3 possible solutions:

a) change desktop font size
b) change desktop resolution from 16:9 to 4:3 format
c) change the desktop theme to "Windows Classic"

That's because your configUser.xml in c:\ driver overrides the configdefault.xml. Copy the setting to that file. Check also my thread about the Improved Graphics, it's the same thing.

No luck there either. Where exactly in the configUser.xml am I supposed to place it?

You must follow the xml elements. Open configuser.xml and do the following.

Put these lines:

Code:
<Input>
    <Mouse
        ForceNumLockDisabled="true"
        SensitivityX="0.5f"
        SensitivityY="0.5f"
        InvertX="false"
        InvertY="false"
    >
    </Mouse>
</Input>

Between these two lines:
Code:
</Window>
<Audio

So that the outcome should be something like this:
Code:
</Window>
<Input>
    <Mouse
        ForceNumLockDisabled="true"
        SensitivityX="0.5f"
        SensitivityY="0.5f"
        InvertX="false"
        InvertY="false"
    >
    </Mouse>
</Input>
<Audio

Update:

GeForce 6 & 7
Copy Protection

A new thread for tweaks and bugfixes will be opened.

Details for CP / DRM on DL versions other than Steam are still needed.

Back
Top Bottom