Age of Decadence - Early Access Trailer

Nice video. I just regret they don't insist on the fact that, contrary to other RPGs, the main interest of this one (in my opinion) is to do it several times with various types of characters (assassin, merchant, loremaster, mercenary, so on) because the quests and the outcome are really different.

Let me give an example.

If you start as loremaster, on the morning following the first night, you learn that someone to whom you had spoken was assassinated in the inn (or was it the tavern ?). But you don't know more than that.

If after having finished the game as loremaster you start again as mercenary, you are sleeping in the inn/tavern when the assassination happens and, if your perception is good enough, you are weaken during the night and can go see what happens.

If you are playing an assassin, you are asked by your guild to go assassinate the personn in question, so you'll learn a but more why.
And so on.

What happens is really different, and that's all the beauty of the game… do it several times to get the full picture of what's going on and of the different outcomes… because they also forget to tell in the video that there are several different endings.

Seems like a true masterpiece. A certain buy for me when released as a post-beta.

Always interested in this one.
I am not much into the early access thing but I 'll probably buy this around Christmas to show some support.
(won't play until its done though)

P.S Hmm I better add blackguards to the list on that note then...

Always interested in this one.
I am not much into the early access thing but I 'll probably buy this around Christmas to show some support.
(won't play until its done though)

P.S Hmm I better add blackguards to the list on that note then…

Ah, I did the same !
And included Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny too since it is 50% price drop at steam.

And included Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny too since it is 50% price drop at steam.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll buy it at that price.
I do wonder though in what state it is and if I would be better served replaying the original ;)

No matter, I doubt I'll be playing this before late January anyway so plenty of time for a couple of patches more...
(I just hope Steam does not offer it on a 75% sale on christmas :D )

The one thing I'm missing in AoD are companions. Imho interesting companions are the extra something in an RPG.

I like the trailer. How long is the game for a single build (so far)?

Is it an open world game (i.e. you can choose to kill NPC with consequences and so forth)?

Nice trailer. Loved the demo last year. Will buy for sure when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom