InXile Entertainment - Working on a Next Generation RPG

Sounds good. Gonna be interesting to see what Brian Fargo can pull off now that he has Microsoft money in the budget.

It doesn't look good for an eventual Wasteland IV :-(

I don't know about that; Brian Fargo is excellent at juggling multiple IPs.
Just look at the long list under his Wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Fargo

In the past 4 years, inXile released 3 games: Torment:ToN, Bard's Tale IV, and Wasteland 3. And with Microsoft's money and their desire to pump out games for GamePass, I would expect the team(s) at inXile to expand rapidly.

Inxile is trolling.
In reality, they're seeking mmo experts.

I'm always keen to see what Fargo will delve into next, hopefully it's something we can all get behind and enjoy. And yeah, he and his team seem quite adept at juggling projects, they might have that down to an enviable science.

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but I sure hope it's Stone Keep II.

Whoa. :eek:

Now that is an entry I haven't thought about in a long time. That would seriously be freakin awesome, tho.

Just...no ants this time. :uneasy:

Hmm..old news as last year it was already known InXile was working on three new games. Two are using the Unreal engine, and the other one is an online game.

InXile Working on Two New RPGs - wccftech
inXile boss Brian Fargo sent out a couple of interesting tweets a few hours ago. Firstly, replying to a fan, he said that inXile Entertainment is working on wonderful new roleplaying games, though he also noted that these titles take a long time to make.

As a follow up shortly after that, he clarified that the second unannounced RPG is still very much 'in the infancy of pre-production', which suggests it'll be several years before we actually get to play it.

inXile, purchased by Microsoft at the same time of Obsidian Entertainment a couple of years ago, is already known to be working on a big next-generation RPG which Fargo himself confirmed will be developed using Epic's impressive Unreal Engine 5. This should be further along than the second RPG project Fargo mentioned in that last tweet.

Beyond these two unannounced projects, inXile is also working on a Virtual Reality PvPvE multiplayer shooter game called Frostpoint, due to launch soon on Steam. Of course, the team will release DLC for Wasteland 3 as well, especially after the highly successful launch of the game last month.
Sorry to say the new game will be some type of FPS RPG.

Link - https://www.ign.com/articles/wasteland-developer-inxile-appears-to-be-making-an-fps-rpg

An pre-announcement of a potential announcement of a pending announcement of something they may be working on. Yeah, okay. Sure. I wonder if these folks put out red herring job offers just to keep the audience edging?

Next gen usually means streamlined action and not forme.

I expect we will not see another party-based, isometric, cRPG from inXile.
And Stonekeep 2? Maybe by name, but who remembers that name today?
Definitely not people in market segment MS is aiming at.
No, no, this will be mainstream product to the bone.

Still I hope they are able to keep some of their identity, but then with Microsoft money. One can always dream

Obsidian is doing an action RPG in the world of Pillars of Eternity, so maybe inXile will follow this path in the world of Numenera? It would be an interesting take, tbh.

Back
Top Bottom