The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I was convinced by a friend to watch the most recent iteration of It, based off the stellar novel by King, which I also happen to be re-reading. Two take-aways: Avoid this film, it is beyond awful, at least the first part. If you are allergic to reading, watch the miniseries instead from 1990 I think, and, two, the only redemption came from having the Cult in the soundtrack. So that's what I've been listening to this morning, Ian and the lads lighting it up via the Cult!

Another Friday, that can mean yet another Radiohead premiere, this one from 1996. Lots of good music here, and one of the last live performances of "Blow Out" for...I'm not sure, twenty years or so? Tune in to tune out!

Some of their Vietnam War songs were my favorites.

Have You Ever Seen the Rain

Fortunate Son

'Have you ever seen the Rain' has nothing to do with Vietnam. It's a common misperception. Great song though.

Same with this one…

Run Through The Jungle

Yeah internet opinions and everything.:lol:
"Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" is a song written by John Fogerty and released as a single in 1971 from the album Pendulum (1970) by roots rock group Creedence Clearwater Revival. Some have speculated that the song's lyrics are referencing the Vietnam War, with the "rain" being a metaphor for bombs falling from the sky.
Anyway thanks for the clarification.:thumbsup:

If you're going to quote something from Wikipedia, why not use the whole quote? ;)

However, Fogerty himself has said in interviews and prior to playing the song in concert that it is about rising tension within CCR and the imminent departure of his brother Tom from the band. In an interview, Fogerty stated that the song was written about the fact that they were on the top of the charts, and had surpassed all of their wildest expectations of fame and fortune. They were rich and famous, but somehow all of the members of the band at the time were depressed and unhappy; thus the line "Have you ever seen the rain, coming down on a sunny day?". The band split up in October the following year after the release of the album Mardi Gras.

If you're going to quote something from Wikipedia, why not use the whole quote? ;)
That happens to be a google search engine quote so for once you're wrong.:p

Dance time.:celebrate:

Nope Wikipedia was never mentioned. You said I quoted Wikipedia. I didn't. See it might be a quote from there but I did not copy it from there. Big difference. Now good day.

I'll take my small victory over you.:w00t:

Credence is good stuff, always. Fogerty just has one of those amazing voices that can seem to do no wrong, and the entire band are experts at their musical craft.

I went down the rabbit hole of finding out more about Bardcore, a music genre that sort of popped up last year in which modern songs are being reinterpreted with medieval instruments and sometimes Olde English lyrics. Behold:

Summertime Sadness (Bardcore | Medieval Style)

GANGSTA'S PARADISE | Bardcore Music Video | Instrumental By @beedlethebardcore

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters - Medieval Style - Bardcore

I went down the rabbit hole of finding out more about Bardcore, a music genre that sort of popped up last year in which modern songs are being reinterpreted with medieval instruments and sometimes Olde English lyrics. Behold:

Summertime Sadness (Bardcore | Medieval Style)

GANGSTA'S PARADISE | Bardcore Music Video | Instrumental By @beedlethebardcore

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters - Medieval Style - Bardcore

I could get behind the first and third ones, but I could survive without hearing Outlaw's Paradise again.

I could get behind the first and third ones, but I could survive without hearing Outlaw's Paradise again.
Yeah, I can relate. The original was never on my favorites list either. I was, however, surprised by the effort that went into this remake. As bardcore started out as a meme, it's quite interesting to see that the quality of the songs is fairly high.

~~~

For something different, one artist I discovered yesterday and couldn't stop listening to is Hania Rani. Her music would fit nicely in a Nolan movie:

Hania Rani - Live from Studio S2

Back
Top Bottom