Pricewatch!

Unless it's proven to be a lot better than the first 2 games, I wouldn't pay that much. I thought Red Faction 1&2 were fairly mediocre as far as first-person shooters go.
I enjoyed the first one - the destructive assets were nicely done, I thought. And aside from that it seemed a competent shooter at the least.

I played a bit of the second one but was put off by the fact that destructable sections of wall appeared to be clearly marked out for you, removing the incentive for exploration*.
Also, it seemed a little too gung-ho and brainless in comparison with the first.

(* At least that's how I remember it...am I right or am I thinking of something else?)

Red Faction 2 was *terrible*. Mainly due to the fact that it was a PS2 game that was sloppily ported to the PC (low-res textures and all), and wasn't very good to begin with, even for a console FPS.

Blood Bowl $27.90 at gogamer. 72 hours left.

http://www.gogamer.com/Blood-Bowl--...VproductId77157812VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

Wish I saw that before I paid $49 for the downloadable one.

Edit: Not sure if you guys already posted this, but they have a roleplaying collection for Dungeon Lords, Gothic 3 and Spellforce 2 for $14.90.
http://www.gogamer.com/Roleplaying-...VproductId62034176VVcatId444792VVviewprod.htm

Pretty sure no one wants Dungeon Lords, but Gothic 3 and Spellfoce 2 for $14.90 is a good price.

Red Faction 2 was *terrible*. Mainly due to the fact that it was a PS2 game that was sloppily ported to the PC (low-res textures and all), and wasn't very good to begin with, even for a console FPS.

On the upside, I found out last night that while everything you say is true, it also means that RF 2 is also netbook friendly :)

I wouldn't want to play it again at all, much less on a netbook.

Funny thing - I played perhaps an hour of Red Faction, then ~15 minutes of RF2 ... I challenged myself that perhaps it was just a perception that I had unjustly carried through the years that while RF1 was at least a decent FPS, RF2 was crap ...

.... nope, it IS crap.

Holy Cow!!! I've never seen this kind of promotion before. I've seen packs that offer 10 or a few more games for like 40 bucks, but this is huge.
http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W254
30 Meridian 4 games available for $79.99. Here is the games offered:
The Meridian4 Complete Pack includes: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, Alpha Prime, Battle Mages, Battle Mages - Sign of Darkness, Big Rig Europe, Bus Driver, Chains, Daemonica, Dark Matter, Deer Drive, Gumboy: Crazy Adventures, Hard Truck Apocalypse, Hard Truck Apocalypse - Rise of Clans, Hot Dog King, Midnight Nowhere, Nikopol - Secrets of the Immortals, Obulis, Operation Matriarchy, Pacific Storm, Pacific Storm - Allies, Penguins Arena, R.I.P., R.I.P. Strike Back, R.I.P. 3 - The Last Hero, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Space Hack, Space Trader - Merchant Marine, Tank Universal, The Chosen: Well of Souls, The Entente - World War I Battlefields, Vigil Blood Bitterness.

I wouldn't mind trying out Hard Truck, but all of the others seem to be just average games. Not sure if it's worth 80 bucks.

Anyways, for those of you interested it's on impulse.

Edit: I have Alpha Prime and that game sucks big time. It's like they intentionally tried to make a FPS as boring as possible.

2nd Edit: Anyone play Shadowgrounds or Space Trader? Metacritic has some good reviews for Shadowgrounds.

After some searching on their site I realized that all of those games are on sale individually too. So if you don't want to pay 80 bucks for all those, you can pick and choose.

Last edited:
I love Shadowgrounds ... one of the Metacritic reviews for Shadowgrounds: Survivor is mine. I like Alien Shooter: Vengeance better, but it is still a solid game.

Thing is, too much filler and junk for $80 ... plus I own about half the games ... uggh. Including the lousy Hard Truck Apocalypse.

You can have my copy of Hard Truck if you want. I don't think it's terrible, but I wouldn't play it anymore simply due to having so many better games.

And GOG has a Tom Clancy Promo Pack for US$ 9.99 this weekend. The pack includes the original Ghost Recon and the original Rainbow Six (unfortunately without expansions).

I love Shadowgrounds ... one of the Metacritic reviews for Shadowgrounds: Survivor is mine. I like Alien Shooter: Vengeance better, but it is still a solid game.

Thing is, too much filler and junk for $80 ... plus I own about half the games ... uggh. Including the lousy Hard Truck Apocalypse.

I'll check out your review and thanks for the heads up about the game. I saw it on the shelves at the local store a few times, but wasn't that impressed with it (at least from what I could tell from the box :))

You can buy each of those games individually. Some are 5 bucks others I think 8 or 10.

You can have my copy of Hard Truck if you want. I don't think it's terrible, but I wouldn't play it anymore simply due to having so many better games.

Thanks for the offer JDR, but it's ok. It's cheaper to just buy it there (shipping to Taiwan isn't that cheap ;))

How was it? I always overlooked these kind of games due to my hatred of racing games (not to mention lame titles and pictures on the boxes:)), but I realized that I may have overlooked some pretty good games. Afterall Autoduel is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Lol sure enough, they're already sold out. Glad I grabbed a copy when I did...

I bought this because of the great reviews, but only played about 30 minutes. I think jumper games and I have parted ways. Too many years of playing Super Mario Brothers and every Mario game after that has burned me out of these jumping games.

If anybody's been looking for Fantasy Wars at a reduced price, NWS Online Gaming Store has it for $16.95 plus shipping and they also have something I haven't seen for years, an Alpha Centauri pack that includes the expansion, Alien Crossfire, for $9.99.

Alpha Centauri is fairly common, but the expansion's been unavailable for a long time AFAIK.

Fantasy Wars for $17? Wow ... I thought it was now regularly priced much cheaper. GamersGate seems to have it for $7.99 or $9.99 at least monthly.

Fantasy Wars for $17? Wow ... I thought it was now regularly priced much cheaper. GamersGate seems to have it for $7.99 or $9.99 at least monthly.
Hard copy. I can't find one in the local stores or my usual sources--it's probably out there on amazon or ebay but I like these people better.

I do more downloads than I used to, but I still prefer a boxed version if I can get it under twenty dollars. :)

Ah - I failed to notice it was a box copy. Good stuff then!

Back
Top Bottom