Risen Collecting protection money in the swamp

Draconis

Traveler
So, Brogar is asking me to collect some protection money for him, however I cannot speak to the last guy which is Dwight, no conversation is starting up and I can't collect any money from him, and no he isn't angry at me so Jest won't work, I've tried.

Is there any way to fix this? Through console or otherwise? I've been trying to speak with everyone time and time so I haven't missed anyone.

Thanks.

That quest can't be broken by any means (I've replied that area 3 times, shuffling everything), and your problem is not possible. You definetly missed someone else to pick the money from.

And you have to visit these:
- Workers : Hawkins, Enrico, Branon, Dwight
- Hunters : Doug and Luis
- Swamp Farm : Obel and Rhobart (You'll have to defeat the 3 strong bog creatures next to the farm, by the waterfall, for him to pay)
- Other : Oscar

Alright. I just checked everyone again, and then again, and I have collected from everyone... so something else wrong for sure.

Did You Collect From The Smith ??

I Made This Quest After Many Other Quests May Be Thats Because You Do It First

Yeah I got money from the smith, and what do you mean? I went to harbour town first and did everything (I could do) there first, and then I went to the swamp when the bandit leader told me to deliver a package to the don.

You actually started with the Harbor Town quests?!Bugged HT quests to be precise?
Not Bandit Camp?
I can't help you. That's miles beyond my experience with quests. Sorry.

It's a bandit camp bug, and yeah I started by questing in Harbour Town and when I was completed there Scordo told me to go to the Don with a package, I simply thought it would be better to get into a town first, why? It was awesome.

Anyway I solved the problem by getting pickpocket and then stealing the sword piece from him instead, I'll simply have to skip this quest, I hope I'm not missing out on any awesome reward?

Well, after doing the quest and telling the cook, you get to use his hut as your own. Other than that, no.

Well, after doing the quest and telling the cook, you get to use his hut as your own. Other than that, no.

Cool, I didn't know that. I had been using one of the huts in the camp (2nd one on the right, in the center area) that was unoccupied. I assume it belonged to Dorgan. (dead fighter in the Eastern cave)

Ok, I've got a problem with this one. On my second playthrough this time as a mage but trying to do all the swamp quests first to maximize the XP.

Before I collected the protection money from Oscar, I got the golden sword pieces and had Oscar reforge and then but then kept the sword. Of course I knew he'd be mad at me but then I figured I could just use a Joke Scroll on him...not so much. He laughed from the scroll but still won't talk to me.

So is this quest line completely broken now? I'm fairly certain I've collected from everyone else on the list. Of course without being able to complete this, I can't complete the other Brogar quests. If so, that sucks. I've finally found a required use for a joke scroll and it doesn't work!

Ah, shoot. Googling turns up you can talk to Domingo and then beat him up to restore Oscar, only problem is, Domingo died in a temple raid. That really stinks. Since the quest never actually canceled it leads me to believe it's still a doable quest. Oscar should recognize Domingo is dead or something. A pretty obscure problem (bug?) for sure but it's still frustrating.

Anyone know of any other work arounds?

I cheated and since I considered it a bug (since the quest didn't cancel and Oscar didn't recognize Domingo's death) I didn't feel that bad about it. I spawned Domingo and then paid him off ( the camera was wonky when I tried to fight him ). Turned cheats back off, continued with my game, all is well in the world.

Back
Top Bottom