Borderlands 2 - News Collection

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator

They've had some good trailers, but that commercial sucked. Should've just used.one of the trailers.

They've had some good trailers, but that commercial sucked. Should've just used.one of the trailers.

Yeah for some reason its become very popular to do a live action trailer. For some games I guess they kind of work to a degree, but they seem to be a particularly bad choice for a game as stylized as Borderlands 2.

I think it's kinda cool. It sucks because it doesn't have any gameplay?

It's true I'd rather see some gameplay, but I recognize I'm an old stick in the mud and see things differently than most of the rest of the world.

No, I said it sucks becuase I think it just looks plain silly. First off, I do think live-action spots for games come off kind of silly. I saw one for Sleeping Dogs that I didn't mind, but that's more of a realistic game. Like jhwisher said, I think trying to recreate the stylized look of Borderlands in live action is rather odd.

It's true I'd rather see some gameplay, but I recognize I'm an old stick in the mud and see things differently than most of the rest of the world.

I think this commercial has a different goal than introducing people to the gameplay.

No, I said it sucks becuase I think it just looks plain silly. First off, I do think live-action spots for games come off kind of silly. I saw one for Sleeping Dogs that I didn't mind, but that's more of a realistic game. Like jhwisher said, I think trying to recreate the stylized look of Borderlands in live action is rather odd.

I don't know, I thought it was nicely done. It did capture the style of the Borderline games. It was instantly recognizable, which is more in line with what the commercial was probably trying to establish.

Back
Top Bottom