Gothic 3 Any word on Patch2, eta?

Well, Lets see what actually gets fixed first...
(Please include release notes this time ;) )

Given the fact that the patch seems to come
sooner rather than later It seems that Moriendor's
mention of Conflicting reports on this issue have
something going for it. Perhaps AI fixes, at-least,
will not make it in this one as noted...

If its just balance fixes perhaps people in advanced
points of the game wouldn't bother anyway.
(Having passed the point when this is a problem and
especially if there is any hint of save compatibility)

Heh, Now that you mention it if the fixes are superficial
I might try NWN2 first, myself. There seems to be some
need for patching there too from what I hear but I am
less concerned of harming my experience of that one
(Plus I'll actually borrow it from a friend after he is done
with it rather than buy it :) )

True this may give me time to finish Dark Messiah, which should be in stores Wednesday and then NWN2 next week. :)

but FUCKING ROCK!!!
Just curious, is that good or bad?

Based on my interpretation of the babelfish translation (read: pretty murky), it sounds like they've got LOTS of work they'd like to do on the game. Even perhaps adding more dialogue?

I'm starting to get the feeling the NA release date will get pushed. Aspyr's going to have a very tough decision to make: Xmas or High Quality. Glad I'm not them...

Piranha Bytes (Mike) on Patch 2 (german):

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=2562487&#post2562487

bug removal
fine tuning
crossbow fighting -> new designed
they need still some time, to redesign hand-to-hand-combat

Which can be read as there comes a third patch too.

The second patch was finished at the end of last week. It's just needs to be approved before they can release it.

/edit: according to PB all KNOWN bugs are now solved, but they still have a list with tweaks and things they want to improve.
About the fighting system: don't think they will completely restyle it, more likely it gets another balancing round.

Please forgive my exuberance, I just got little excited about the idea of having the HTH combat system reworked in G3 ( Positive comment BTW). As it stands liberating a town full of orcs is just a few 100 mindless clicks away. As long as you keep swinging your sword breaking their parry is inevitable. The combat in G2 was great, it took a little getting used to but in order to be successful one had to employ a balanced degree of tactics. 1H HTH combat in G3 is mindless. Fighting an orc or human is a matter of patience, not skill. Hands down, 1H sword fighting in G3 has lost its charm.

@SEM: I'm going to conveniently ignore that last comment there. I don't want to think that I got excited for no reason. Come on PB lets at least turn this part of the game around.

Second best news I have had today, first was Dark Messiah is available, the reason its second best is due to not having to wait for DM, as I do with the patch. ;)

I knew PB would come through! Where is third one :)

What they should really work on with the combat system is to make the rebels/nomads actually help out. Right now it's nameless hero VS 50 orcs and 25 orc mercenaries, the few "helpers" that show up die in seconds. Montera, at low levels, is painful to say the least..

I just hope they fix the liberation problems. Now I've liberated 3 towns all the orc bosses attack me on sight, meaning I canlt complete quests etc. I'm told it can break the main quest to...

Daniel.

That's what I call real AI, darklord. I was kinda pissed when orcs don't swamp on when I kill one of their leader. They only want 500 gold pieces :D

Any news on whether the patch will invalidate SG's? That's a very important consideration.

No official word but 99% sure you/we will all have to start over.
Not only due just to it being an increatably complex RPG, but if they are to fix broken quest problems, NPCs dying and dissappearing there would be no choice to break previous Saves.
Now the most important reason is that its already been established that is how they designed their Save system from the orginal state to Patch 1.
Not only are they not compatable you can't even see them as an option to choose, so PB is making damn sure you can Not use old Saves intentionally, since they will Not even be see in your Load screen. :(

Now I could be wrong, but I don't see how.

I've never understood why patches should ever break a save game. I know it happens, but I think it's more out of developers not dealing with it than it being a fact of life. A savegame is a staic set of data about the state of the character and the world. No reason a developer can't write a routine that as part of the patch, goes through existing savegames and makes any updates to the files needed to be compatible with the patch.

Hmm...wonder if Marvin has the export and import hero command!! ;)

I've never understood why patches should ever break a save game. I know it happens, but I think it's more out of developers not dealing with it than it being a fact of life. A savegame is a staic set of data about the state of the character and the world. No reason a developer can't write a routine that as part of the patch, goes through existing savegames and makes any updates to the files needed to be compatible with the patch.

There have been "savegame updaters" in the past, but I think that the potential bugs in ranslating saves probably cause people to just say 'you'll have to start again'. But I agree that is somewhat cavalier - persistent data with application patching is a reality in most fields, and games even have it with MMO's.

The patch (1.08) is available. Check the usual suspects. A fix list can also be found somewhere.

Edit:
Make sure to unequip everything and make a new save before you install the patch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom