C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
CD PROJEKT Lawsuit Submission Next Month - Gamasutra
The small torrent of lawsuits filed against CD Projekt following the messy launch of Cyberpunk 2077 merged into one single lawsuit last week and, according to CD Projekt, will officially be submitted to the court in less than one month's time.

CD Projekt CEO Piotr Nielubowicz noted as much during a general shareholders meeting today, telling shareholders that many details of the case are still unclear but CD Projekt should have a better idea of the legal stakes once the lawsuit is submitted to the court near the end of June.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gets New Game Director - GamesIndustry.biz
Amatangelo joined CD Projekt in January 2020 as a creative director for Cyberpunk.

Prior to the role, he worked as design director on Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, as well as lead designer on various expansions for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

He will be tasked with leading the development of Cyberpunk's future expansions.

Cyberpunk 2077's next patch will release in a couple of weeks.

Link - https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cyberpunk-2077s-next-patch-will-come-out-in-the-next-couple-of-weeks/
“I don’t want to preannounce things; we are prepared to say that the next patch – not a big one – is coming in the next couple of weeks. It’s almost ready. Of course, we’re working on further patches as well, and to add some color on it – the initial patches focused mostly on low-level technical aspects – though not just that, of course; we were also fixing glitches and bugs – but our focus was on stability, performance and so on. Those were the most important aspects, in our opinion. We subsequently shifted more and more towards improving things. I don’t want to promise anything, of course, but in the future the course of action will be more in the direction of improving things; enhancing the quality further.”�

Last edited:
Ouch…that's pretty embarrassing. :)

I wonder if the videos, as they are, have been touched/edited by someone else. It seems interesting that the devs would be so brave/brazen as to make fun of their own product, that hard. I mean, I can see it happening, but the fact that it was stored on internal servers. It’s likely management didn’t know they were there. Of course, this is all if you believe no one from the outside just compiled leaked internal videos and made the compilation, while adding funny music and edits.

I wonder if the videos, as they are, have been touched/edited by someone else. It seems interesting that the devs would be so brave/brazen as to make fun of their own product, that hard. I mean, I can see it happening, but the fact that it was stored on internal servers. It’s likely management didn’t know they were there. Of course, this is all if you believe no one from the outside just compiled leaked internal videos and made the compilation, while adding funny music and edits.

Yeah, I had the same thought. Plus a lot of the things in those videos are obviously not random bugs but rather the devs just trying to be funny. Calling it a bug montage is somewhat disingenuous imo.

Small bonus content is what I always expected from the FLCs. That's what they were for The Witcher 3. What I didn't expect is not having them 7 months after release...but nothing about the release and the time since has been even close to what I hoped for or expected, so all par for the course.

I expected them to be small but yeah seven months after release and they haven't released anything. I wonder if their waiting to get back on the Sony store?

Maybe they plan on re-releasing the game on consoles with the DLC's? Fun fact they sell more copies of every game on the PC according to the last earning report.

So yeah I agree nothing about this game was what I hoped for.

Last edited:
I think their priorities are in the right place now. It wouldn't really make sense to be releasing DLC until the game is in better shape. I'd rather they continue to work on making it a better game anyways. There's already more than enough content there.

It's cut content that was ready for release already. Just like Witcher III. If you check the link above they are working on expansions already as well. So it's not just patching.

Investor Wants Heads to Roll After $6.2 Billion Cyberpunk Fiasco

Link - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ds-to-roll-after-6-2-billion-cyberpunk-fiasco
An activist investor in CD Projekt SA wants to oust the top executives of Poland’s largest gaming studio for the botched release of the Cyberpunk 2077 title that wiped out more than half of the company’s value.

U.K.-based Abri Advisors, which didn’t specify how big a stake it holds in CD Projekt, wrote to the studio’s board expressing “utter dismay and disbelief with developments at the company over the last 12 months” on behalf of all shareholders.

Meh heads have rolled already. Just the wrong ones.;)

But hey every exec needs a scapegoat and it's never their fault.

Anyone foolish enough to invest heavily in something as risky as a game developer has no business calling for heads to roll. It sounds like a massive case of butthurt to me.

CDPR's stock is only slightly higher than its 52 week low right now. I might actually buy a few shares.

But hey every exec needs a scapegoat and it's never their fault.

And 5 execs, likely the very same people who made the decision to push it out early, split bonuses of around 25 million dollars, while the other 25 million (or around that number) in bonuses was split between 875 or so other employees. That sounds reasonable and fair, don't it? What's not to love about the way things are setup in this system. Good thing it's a meritocracy, where people that make bad decisions don't fail upwards. :D

hmm, I should probably buy shares just to support them, Cyberpunk is such a great game, just as long as you don't play it on consoles... I can understand people are upset about that, they should never tried to release it to current-gen consoles......

Maybe a PC exclusive release and one year later to next-gen consoles with all the added goodies ?

hmm, I should probably buy shares just to support them, Cyberpunk is such a great game, just as long as you don't play it on consoles… I can understand people are upset about that, they should never tried to release it to current-gen consoles….

Buying shares now doesn't really support the company. They got their money when the shares were first issued. Now, you would just be buying them from another shareholder who's selling them.

Back
Top Bottom