Disciples: Liberation - New Trailer

Awesome game!

I like the look of that trailer. Enjoyed the HoMM series too much to get into Disciples back in the day. I will definitely give it a proper go this time.

I don't like what I see :(
It doesn't have the Disciples feeling. They should return to the roots, to what made this franchise so unique and awesome and improve on that. Instead, they seem determined to adopt the generic formula of the genre.

I too can see that this seems to wander from the original premise, yet for now I'm going to hope that the game turns out to be enjoyable, and we all wind up winners. A nice blend of both old and new could serve them very well here.

It looks like the last entry, except that maybe you can choose to join a faction, or perhaps like in Heroes 7 you are leading a temporary alliance of factions and can choose to use more than one. I personally also prefered Disciples 2, the units seemed better balanced when in formation and not on a grid, but Reincarnation was still a decent game once they got all of the bugs out.

I am confused. Is this game in any way related to the old disciple games?

Other than the name, I don't think there's going to be much of a connection, but I could be wrong.

The franchise keeps changing hands as far as developers. This will be the 4th different developer to make a game in the series.

what are you saying? there are the same races, units, buildings, universe, same way to upgrade them and so on
only thing that drasticaly changed is the battle system with the full grid movement

Oh, boy.. Tailless horse riding. Weak units design, WIP icons. They didn't even show the end of that more promising fire-lava spell at 1:06. I think their particle effects designer team took over the studio and threw out the art director, model makers.

Developed by Frima Studio? Funny, these guys main office is basically next door, over here in Quebec City. So far, they hadn't been working on any game that interested me (except Nun Attack for Android) but a Disciple game definitely interest me.

While combat is different, the art style and world definitely feel Disciple enough to me.

what are you saying? there are the same races, units, buildings, universe, same way to upgrade them and so on
only thing that drasticaly changed is the battle system with the full grid movement

Yeah, it's the same world of course. I thought he was asking if it continued a story. I should have worded that better.

Developed by Frima Studio? Funny, these guys main office is basically next door, over here in Quebec City. So far, they hadn't been working on any game that interested me (except Nun Attack for Android) but a Disciple game definitely interest me.

The series has come full circle. It started in Canada with the first two games being developed by Strategy First. Disciples III and its remake were done by Russian developers. I never tried the third game, but I heard it was mediocre.

I actually quite enjoyed Disciples III. I played the "Reincarnation" version, many years after its release, so it probably saved me from a lot of bugs and other nastiness.

disciples 3 was overall a good game but i hated it because of one thing which was not in the first 2 games, the enemy spawned heroes from out of the map during missions, which made finishing missions very hard to impossible with a single hero.

disciples 3 was overall a good game but i hated it because of one thing which was not in the first 2 games, the enemy spawned heroes from out of the map during missions, which made finishing missions very hard to impossible with a single hero.

That's an odd reason to hate a game imo but each his own I guess :)

It's first and foremost a strategy game and from a strategic point of view, it makes a lot of sens in that game to have at least two parties.

That's an odd reason to hate a game imo but each his own I guess :)

It's first and foremost a strategy game and from a strategic point of view, it makes a lot of sens in that game to have at least two parties.

It let you finish the map in peace and quiet if you could defeat the opposing factions on the map. I actually liked this a lot. It didn't kill Reincarnation for me, but I felt rewarded in Disciples 2 if I actually went out of my way to conquer the cities of opposing factions, to be able to finish my goals without any extra annoyances.

Back
Top Bottom