Kickstarter Games - BioSynth

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Neptune Games have launched their Kickstarter campaign for BioSynth, a single-player classic RPG in a futuristic setting.

BioSynth

A party-based single-player classic RPG with turn-based combat, in a Sci-Fi setting.

Do you love RPGs?

Does a deep tactical game fascinate you?

Do you enjoy a futuristic setting with robots, lasers and cyborgs?

We do and that is why we decided to build this game. There's quite a lack of classic RPGs in a futuristic settings and we want to fill that gap - while bringing you a game that'll make you have a ton of fun, feel charmed and have a great time.

[...]
Enzevil gives a brief summary with a launch video.

First Look at BioSynth Rising: A New Futuristic Turn-Based CRPG | Information, Gameplay + More!

A new futuristic Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk-like CRPG is in development. This is like a crossover between Divinity: Original Sin and Cyberpunk, and draws inspiration from other old CRPGs like Fallout and Baldur's Gate. This video isn't sponored. Thank you Neptune Games for giving me early footage of the game to show it. You can find the links down here:

Kickstarter Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...

Neptune Games: https://neptunegames.net/

[...]

More information.

Like @Couchpotato; mentioned in a other thread. How are they going from concept to final product with 40k?

To me this sounds like a horrible way of doing things and as others have said I'm much more wary of KS than I used to be.

Hm, another Kickstarter which allows to greate one's own NPC, quest, item and even boss. That's another concern, we saw recently with WotR what quests designed by other parties could be like. They seem to limit that within the scope & lore for some elements so hopefully it will be the same for all of them.

Like @Couchpotato; mentioned in a other thread. How are they going from concept to final product with 40k?

To me this sounds like a horrible way of doing things and as others have said I'm much more wary of KS than I used to be.
It's not much indeed. They don't start from scratch though, see on the risk page:

We already have a working game (combat, dialogs, reputation, etc. already work as intended).
Our next step is to scale the content (write all dialogs, create all models and maps) and refine the systems (tune the numbers, improve the AIs, etc.).
The team is full of talented people who work hard, so we're very confident in our ability to complete the game as described.

This means that the biggest risk is a delay in our release date. We are committed to deliver you an amazing game which is both fun and polished. Making you have a wonderful experience, to us is more important that meeting a deadline (of course, we'll do our best to respect it… but we won't sacrifice quality for it). We like to communicate frequently with our community, so we'll update you in time in case of delays.

Also, let me say that up to now we funded the game with personal money, so we have full control (and commitment!) on the game and have the ability to stay true to our promise to you. Just notice that after the testing phase, we may need to adjust some minor features for balance reasons - anyway, the core of the game will stay true to what we announced.

I'm not going to worry over how the game will develop, we don't see enough sci-fi party based games these days, so I'll just be hoping for a production that hits those marks, while also being tactical with some cyberpunk elements.

Like @Couchpotato mentioned in a other thread. How are they going from concept to final product with 40k?

Yeah I asked that question on the forum thread. Hope the $58,659 goal is enough. Still the response so far gives hope, but you never know with crowdfunding games anymore.

$58,659 where I live is barely the 1-year salary of a senior core systems engineer with average experience and mileage. That's not much to go by, but hopefully, they know what they are getting themselves into. The game looks like something I could love if it makes it to 1.0.

Let me say that it's 50K (euros, so $58K) and that's the minimum goal.

And in case we don't get more than that, we'll integrate with additional funds. For example, by using Unreal Engine, we have a chance to ask for a MegaGrant.

$58,659 where I live is barely the 1-year salary of a senior core systems engineer with average experience and mileage. That's not much to go by, but hopefully, they know what they are getting themselves into. The game looks like something I could love if it makes it to 1.0.

I'm glad to hear that you love the game concept!

About your concern... where we live, life expenses and salaries are much lower. But yes, if we get the bare minimum funded, we'll seek additional funding in other ways.

I'm glad to hear that you love the game concept!

About your concern… where we live, life expenses and salaries are much lower. But yes, if we get the bare minimum funded, we'll seek additional funding in other ways.

I wish you the best nonetheless, with good hopes of one day playing the game. :)

This looks very interesting and I like the genre so hope it comes along. Will be watching it.

Years ago I would've definitely backed this... Nowadays I only back games that are either from a developer that's already released something or at the very least has a playable demo. I'll probably sit this one out but I wish them well.

This looks good. I especially like the art style. The levels appear to make good use of verticality, and I also like being able to switch between isometric and third-person.

I will keep my eye on this one, looks like it has potential. (any game with huge nudie type club dancing girls gets my attention, lol) :biggrin:

Took an early bird; worth supporting at that price and I like to help Indies. :)

Yep you beat me to the post as I was lazy and busy yesterday.:lol:

Anyway a front-page news-bit gets more attention.

@NeptuneGames any plans for a update this week?

Thank you everyone for the support and the kind words!

Yep you beat me to the post as I was lazy and busy yesterday.:lol:

Anyway a front-page news-bit gets more attention.

@NeptuneGames any plans for a update this week?

Update later today :)
In a little less than 3 hours (at 3pm UTC).

Last edited:
Update #1 - Slow and Steady

And here is the promised update (I will keep it here since it's closely related to the launch).
Slow and Steady

First of all, thank you to every backer and to all the great people that shared the project!

We started 24 hours ago… it was a good start, but not an explosive one.

Can I share something personal?

I'm not an explosive type. I've never done anything explosive in my life.

I've always been the "underdog" in everything. For example, you know when it's time to play sport with friends and you're the last pick? It was me.

So many times I tried something in my life and everyone bet against me.

At first, you'd never bet on me.

You know what? I may not be the explosive type that does everything perfectly at the first attempt. But I'm the kind of person who never gives up.

You could shoot me on a leg (please don't!) and I'd still try to end the race.

This launch reflects that.

We're making slow and steady progress towards our funding goals. And we'll do our best to reach that goal and give you a gem of a game after that.

Thank you everyone for the support and the kind words!

Update later today :)
In a little less than 3 hours (at 3pm UTC).

Looks good and on my watchlist. If you get close to your goal I will support it but liked what I saw quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom