Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.5g

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous got another significant patch (1.9 GB download on Steam).

Update 1.0.5g

Crusaders!

A new patch is here*. The list of changes is quite long, so here's what you've been asking about the most:

• Now you can complete the quest about 21 daggers;
  • You won't skip Gray Garrison anymore right after entering by teleporting to the top floor;
  • Now Gold Dragons can rest in Drezen;
  • Your crusade stats won't get stuck anymore;
  • The Repurpose spell will stop destroying loot and breaking NPCs;
  • Cloaks will stop living la vida loca, and will start to behave;
  • Saves from Last Azlanti mode should stop disappearing under mysterious circumstances.
[...]
More information.

Gory details below. What about those respec issues? Didn't they say it would be fixed in the next patch?

EDIT: I see this though, maybe everything is covered:
  • While retraining a character, it was possible to open the inventory, after which mythic paths could stop working as intended - fixed.
  • After retraining, it was impossible to level up a horse - fixed;

The list of changes is quite long, so here’s what you’ve been asking about the most:
  • Now you can complete the quest about 21 daggers;
  • You won’t skip Gray Garrison anymore right after entering by teleporting to the top floor;
  • Now Gold Dragons can rest in Drezen;
  • Your crusade stats won’t get stuck anymore;
  • The Repurpose spell will stop destroying loot and breaking NPCs;
  • Cloaks will stop living la vida loca, and will start to behave;
  • Saves from Last Azlanti mode should stop disappearing under mysterious circumstances.
Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Quests and companions
  • An Azata couldn't start a conversation with Maitresse Olla Devara with an active objective Visit the Court and talk to the Maitresse - fixed;
  • Azata's quest in chapter 4 could stop if Aivu died during the fight with Ramisa's guards - fixed. However you will need to load an earlier save, before the conversation with Ramisa, to continue Azata's quest line;
  • Borrowed dreams quest couldn't be completed if Ciar got mad at the player - fixed;
  • Dawn of Dragons quest wouldn't start - fixed;
  • It was impossible to discover the Greengates location if you attacked Arueshalae during the siege of Drezen - fixed;
  • It was impossible to enter the portal during the Devastation quest, if it was opened with Nocticula's help - fixed. It was possible to enter the portal without a key - fixed;
  • It was impossible to start a conversation with beggars again during The Art of Making Friends quest - fixed;
  • It was possible to find too many pages for the Storyteller, and uncover his story too early - fixed;
  • It was possible to get a quest A Conversation with Sosiel after finishing his quest - fixed;
  • Minor Improvements of Camellia's romance and epilogue;
  • Regill wasn't moving during his quest in chapter 5, if he had Hold Position toggled on - fixed;
  • The Dragon's Fate didn't fail when finishing chapter 3 - fixed;
  • Twenty-One Ceremonial Daggers could fail before you could actually complete it - fixed;
  • Yaker would come to Drezen and attempt to give you a quest even if you killed Regill - fixed.

Areas
  • Casting Dimension Door in Alushinyrra sometimes could break the game - fixed;
  • Fixed some cases of party teleporting "into the void" in Alushinyrra;
  • A band led by Merciless Tyrant in Alushinyrra Upper City could disappear right from under your nose due to an unlucky turn of the camera - fixed;
  • A chest in Alushinyrra was not lootable after solving the puzzle - fixed;
  • Added an autosave after the battle with Hepzamirah in chapter 4;
  • After completing The Enigma, the Enigma Rejection status could stay permanently - fixed;
  • Fixed the markers on the local map during the random encounter with Berenguer;
  • Fixed the visual of force fields in Blackwater;
  • In Gray Garrison the party could get teleported to the top floor - fixed;
  • It was impossible to rest in Drezen because of a Gold Dragon event - fixed;
  • Iz: If you didn't interact with the Sword of Valor, the fate of some NPC was determined incorrectly - fixed;
  • Jerribeth in Ivory Sanctum was too friendly to the Commander in some cases. Now she's back to being an evil person she actually is;
  • Moving islands in Alushinyrra Upper City could get stuck in the wrong position - fixed;
  • Removed electricity immunity from monsters in Blackwater dungeon. Reworked Cyborgization Feature a bit;
  • Sometimes characters could get stuck between the rotating puzzle's platforms in Alushinyrra's Middle City - fixed;
  • Sometimes devils would appear in Aeon's city when they shouldn't have - fixed;
  • Sometimes Greybor would forget to attack you if you refused to hire him in Ivory Sanctum - fixed;
  • Sometimes the combat mode would get stuck in Drezen in chapter 5, and some NPC were missing - fixed.

Crusade
  • Couldn't start the project "Enchanting the Faultless Daybreak" - fixed;
  • Inquisitor's Divine Favor didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Divine Favor was missing a description - fixed;
  • Fixed an issue when some NPC, related to the crusade, remained in the Citadel;
  • Fixed the cancellation of relic decrees;
  • Fixed the issue with crusade stats not growing and units not spawning in the 2nd chapter. The affected players will receive the missing points;
  • Fixed the issue with the Logistics after defending a besieged settlement;
  • Gold Dragon Mythic Path started the 5th chapter without a proper army - fixed;
  • Lay On Hands now works according to its description;
  • Leaders of enemy armies had incorrect names - fixed;
  • Military Rank was stuck on VI - fixed. New errand from Odan will start properly;
  • Some projects wouldn't update - fixed;
  • Some traps and abilities didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Sorcerers from Pupils of Nethys event were not friendly when chosen as an army unit - fixed;
  • The "Areelu Vorlesh's Drafts" projects was available before its time - fixed;
  • The Pit Trap ability didn't work correctly - fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Some choices in automatic Mythic level up weren't suitable for the automatic build - fixed;
  • A Bloodrager mercenary could go missing after their first level up, along with your money - fixed;
  • A Lich with Danse Macabre couldn't get a Selective Channelling feat - fixed;
  • Added descriptions of the groups of demons for the Favored Enemy ability;
  • After retraining, it was impossible to level up a horse - fixed;
  • Carnivorous Crystals and some other enemies didn't grant the immunity to their abilities on successful saving throws - fixed;
  • Sacred Weapon abilities for Warpriest had no description - fixed;
  • Some spells couldn't be dispelled - fixed;
  • Spelleater's ability Blood of Life didn't have a description - fixed;
  • Swarm-that-Walks Feast ability could start affecting only one enemy - fixed;
  • Targets of the Lich "Repurpose" spell couldn't have been looted after dying for the second time - fixed;
  • Using Repurpose on enemies that would later become neutral due to quest choices could break the game - fixed;
  • The Divine Hunter's Otherworldly Companion provided incorrect resistances to the said animal companion - fixed.

Items
  • Bane of Flesh applied incorrect bonus values while using Doom Pulse - fixed;
  • Bloody Meat had no charges and couldn't be used - fixed;
  • The Headcracker weapon was affecting the enemies regarding of their saving throw - fixed;
  • Using a Midnight Bolt didn't always provide a desired effect - fixed.

User Interface
  • A spellbook button in level up and character creation UI wasn't working - fixed;
  • An icon for AoE kineticist spells has been added;
  • Duplicating enchantments have been removed from items' descriptions;
  • In descriptions of some classes and abilities, the names of some abilities were missing - fixed;
  • Technical tags were visible in some descriptions - fixed;
  • The deflection bonus from Smite Evil ability was hidden in the UI - fixed;
  • Clicking right mouse button on the class in level up menu will cause the percentage to display for BAB and saving throws instead of numbers - fixed;
  • While retraining a character, it was possible to open the inventory, after which mythic paths could stop working as intended - fixed.

AI
  • Enemies would cast Dominate person on the undead - fixed;
  • Fixed the behaviour of Gluttonous Maw in battle;
  • Minor improvements of Deskari cultists' behaviour;
  • Necromancers and Cultists can now properly use the Channel Negative Energy ability.

Misс
  • Fixed the issue with Demon's epilogue;
  • The Last Azlanti mode sometimes didn't create a save upon quitting to the main menu - fixed;
  • Added an epilogue for Horgus;
  • Fixed the error in the epilogue regarding the Wardstones;
  • Fixed some epilogues related to the Aeon path;
  • Fixed an error in Greybor's epilogue;
  • Fixed a visual issue with cloaks, tails, wings etc.;
  • Get the Toad achievement didn't unlock - fixed;
  • A Flame achievement not unlocks correctly - fixed;
  • Fixed an error that led to a Unity VFX Graph crash on GPU Intel;
  • If you told Daeran to leave the party in chapter 1, he would stay until the Lost Chapel anyway - fixed. Now Daeran will listen to you. If you can't find him after Lost Chapel, you may have to load an earlier save, before you asked him to leave, if you want to continue your adventures together;
  • Fixed the issue when the Legend couldn't get the final reinforcements of the united forces of Golarion;
  • Fixed the issue with the incorrect colours of Aasimar's eyes and lips after character creation;
  • Greybor wouldn't appear in character sheet and was stuck outside of the map after The Price of Loyalty - fixed;
  • Repurpose spell could sometimes break the game in the most unexpected ways - fixed;
  • Sosiel could be seen paining in the wrong places, in the wrong time, and often without an easel - fixed;
  • The game could freeze when the Sword of Heaven was activated and the character attacked an enemy who had adjacent enemies - fixed.

Removed electricity immunity from monsters in Blackwater dungeon. Reworked Cyborgization Feature a bit;
This was supposed to be addresed in the previous patch but better late than never. Luckily I did not go there yet in my second playthrough.

--------------

And this is good to hear, I was scared points won't be added retroactively, I'm returning to the game right away:
Fixed the issue with crusade stats not growing and units not spawning in the 2nd chapter. The affected players will receive the missing points;

EDIT: There, from zero to hero, now I must live through all rankups... lol:
pic.jpg

--------------

In my first playthrough, I wrote, the only quest I could not complete by any means was Endgame. Glad it's fixed:
Military Rank was stuck on VI - fixed.

What was the bug with Blackwater? I found the area to be off-mood and immersion breaking, but I'm not sure what made it "broken". As far as I can tell in my Unfair playthrough, they did get "executed" by lightning damage.

In fact, I learned that's what kills them because in the first fight in the dungeon, they killed themselves with their own trap.

What was the bug with Blackwater? I found the area to be off-mood and immersion breaking, but I'm not sure what made it "broken".

The salamanders were immortals. IDK what was wrong with lightning.
Definitely anachronistic though.

What was the bug with Blackwater? I found the area to be off-mood and immersion breaking, but I'm not sure what made it "broken". As far as I can tell in my Unfair playthrough, they did get "executed" by lightning damage.

In fact, I learned that's what kills them because in the first fight in the dungeon, they killed themselves with their own trap.

The human cyborgs were not a problem, but the demon ones had lightning immunity, and the only way to turn off their regeneration were lightning & adamantine. That means that if you didn't have an adamantine weapon, they were basically immortal and needed to die through Coup de Grace. Perhaps in some difficulty levels they didn't have their lightning immunity so you didn't notice.

Last edited:
The salamanders were immortals. IDK what was wrong with lightning.
Definitely anachronistic though.

It's only briefly mentioned in the campaign, but there's a crashed space ship in Numeria that's being treated as an archeological holy site, it's part of the lore of Golarion. It's as big as a mountain and contains a lot of strange sci-fi tech.

There was also a brief reference to it in Kingmaker, where you could find a pretty good item that uses "nanites" to grant you abilities. I think it was found in the place where the enemy leader sets the slave cages on fire and you have to choose between saving the slaves or punishing them.

I like settings that have both magic and technology. The Might & Magic series was like that too. One instant you were fighting goblins with your Great Sword of Ass Kicking +5, then you were fighting dragons with laser rifles. Neat.

This game is hilarious and fun. It's another Kingmaker, but I knew it would be. It's big, buggy, ambitious, and I've had to set it down a few times after encountering an annoying bug, but I keep coming back to spend hours in the world.

I have no doubt that it will be patched into masterpiece class like KM was. Over the years. Good thing there's multiple playthrough styles because my sylvan sorcerer is basically called "Test Case V0.1" in my head. :D

This game is hilarious and fun. It's another Kingmaker, but I knew it would be. It's big, buggy, ambitious, and I've had to set it down a few times after encountering an annoying bug, but I keep coming back to spend hours in the world.

I have no doubt that it will be patched into masterpiece class like KM was. Over the years. Good thing there's multiple playthrough styles because my sylvan sorcerer is basically called "Test Case V0.1" in my head. :D

Best name ever :D

The human cyborgs were not a problem, but the demon ones had lightning immunity, and the only way to turn off their regeneration were lightning & adamantine. That means that if you didn't have an adamantine weapon, they were basically immortal and needed to die through Coup de Grace. Perhaps in some difficulty levels they didn't have their lightning immunity so you didn't notice.

Ahhh I see. I was lucky then because I had Soulshear restored just before that, and counts as an Adamantine weapon and I guess that's why I seemed to do fine (I mean, "fine". Some of the fights in that place were nuts).

I was pretty sure it was the lightning executing them, but I think it's not require for Adamantine to be the last hit, just to have hit recently.

It was surprise to realize I already sunk 100 hrs into game, yet I feel Im not really very far. I was avoiding spoilers so Im not really sure how much game is left standing before walls of Drezen. Suppose I spent too many hours by repeatedly starting over with different characters.

Damn, I finished around 110 hours. To be fair, I rushed a bit the last two acts, the game started dragging a bit too long for me, and the battles with meaty HP sponge type of mobs became really grindy.

I abused a lot of Dimension Door to skip past non-plot encounters and get to the actual plot bits, and my party was pretty invincible, so I'd say Act 4 + 5 took the same amount of time as Act 3 alone, if not less.

I also stuck with my first character from beginning to end, without respeccing, as I had a clear idea of what I wanted to play (having played PF TT makes that a bit easier).

Worth the price tag, in any case.

It was surprise to realize I already sunk 100 hrs into game, yet I feel Im not really very far. I was avoiding spoilers so Im not really sure how much game is left standing before walls of Drezen. Suppose I spent too many hours by repeatedly starting over with different characters.
Are you playing in turn-based mode for the combat? That's slowing down the game considerably.

Damn, I finished around 110 hours. To be fair, I rushed a bit the last two acts, the game started dragging a bit too long for me, and the battles with meaty HP sponge type of mobs became really grindy.

I abused a lot of Dimension Door to skip past non-plot encounters and get to the actual plot bits, and my party was pretty invincible, so I'd say Act 4 + 5 took the same amount of time as Act 3 alone, if not less.
That is not abuse.

At that point you've already reached level cap.
Trashmobs that have more HP than your party combined, namely balors, drop silly useless longsword+1. Even if they dropped something better, you don't need loot as you're pretty much equipped perfectly and don't need any more cash.
If someone wants to grind, their choice. The game gave you means to skip the time wasting and that in my book is not abuse - if devs wanted you to grind, they'd disable teleportation in grindy areas.

Chapter 3 is definetly the longest part of the game and if you ask me it's beefiest contentwise. So many choices, so many goodies, so many quests, so many different things to do.
There are also areas in it you can't win while early in that chapter so you'll have to return there later (normal difficulty).
I believe I spent half of the playtime in my first playthrough only in chapter 3.
That's why I'm telling nut to reach ch3, he'll replay it till doomsday - that chapter could have been a standalone game, it's that big.

Are you playing in turn-based mode for the combat? That's slowing down the game considerably.

Im using both modes, based on encounter difficulty. But I would say I use TB more often. Im playing with damage 1:1 and full criticals and negative effects are not removed by rest. But I keep Deaths door on. So far Im happy with these settings. Difficulty has some spikes, which I found mostly amusing. Sometimes critical hit from enemy can make encounter unexpectedly messy :)

Oh god…
I'm not sure if this is a former patch bug or the new patch broke it - the issue did not exist in 1.03.
If you pass a decree to improve outpost to bastion you need to upgrade one right away. If you don't upgrade any immediately, the option to do it disappears!

This is not a critical bug as development progression got fixed and besides you can remove/rebuild stuff.
But is still annoying. It can lock you out of building teleportation circle in ch5 strategical outposts. :(

Oh god…
I'm not sure if this is a former patch bug or the new patch broke it - the issue did not exist in 1.03.
If you pass a decree to improve outpost to bastion you need to upgrade one right away. If you don't upgrade any immediately, the option to do it disappears!

This is not a critical bug as development progression got fixed and besides you can remove/rebuild stuff.
But is still annoying. It can lock you out of building teleportation circle in ch5 strategical outposts. :(

I think (?) I noticed before that if you pass that decree, it doesn't commit the funds imemdiately, so if you spend them on something else, it can then fail? That seemed to happen to me at least. I had the resources, issued the deceree, then it was 'invalid' when I looked at it again (that was right from the game at release)

Oh god…

This bug is there since launch, it happened to me. I lost one bastion upgrade because of it. I didn't really need it, but I was a little sad since you don't get unlimited bastion upgrades, so it was essentially lost for the rest of the game.

Yeah, I just finished the Drezen battle and started chapter 3-- at almost 100 hours. AND I found out I missed some areas, even. Crazy-long game, but it keeps me coming back so… *thumbs-up*

Back
Top Bottom