Gamedec - Hotfix & Roadmap

Redglyph

proud GASP member
In today's update, Gamedec receives a new hotfix solving critical language issues, and Anshar Studios share their roadmap to end 2021.

Hotfix 1.0.50 is now live! + Content Roadmap for the rest of 2021

First, we want to thank you all for the feedback you are giving and the continuous support! Thanks to you, we gathered the most infuriating issues and bugs and threw them at the tour QA department [btw, we love you guys!].

Today's patch should resolve the critical language issues we have found. We've uploaded the newest dialogue lines, but in case something has trouble loading, the default branch was switched from Polish to English. We do not anticipate that as something that might happen, but if somehow it would, it's easier to go with English instead of "chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie, tu i ówdzie" 😉

That doesn't mean we're going to stop there, oh no. We've planned three major patches for 2021, with additional content set for 2022. You can see the roadmap below:

Roadmap-template-september-21.jpg

[...]
More information.

Thanks for sharing the news Redglyph.:)

Well you already know my response to these patch roadmaps.

Here it goes…wait...for…it…now…:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing the news Redglyph.:)

Well you already know my response to these patch roadmaps.

Here it goes…wait.for…it…now…:rolleyes:

Well, it allows you to decide exactly when to do the plunge :biggrin:

EDIT: It's Nintendo day, boring day. All we get for PC is patches.

Yep common nowadays look we just released our game, but look at our shiny roadmaps with all the patches, and future content we have in store for you. So stay tuned.

Seems not a single game is actually finished on release anymore.:(

Yep common nowadays look we just released our game, but look at our shiny roadmaps with al the patches, and future content we have in store for you. So stay tuned.

Seems not a single game is actually finished on release anymore.:(
I think it's safe to say no game (or software) is ever finished. ;)

I think it's safe to say no game (or software) is ever finished. ;)
Yeah because we helped facilitate that trend by accepting that standard. It's the same crap with all the service fees and taxes on online deliveries as well nowadays.

Yeah because we helped facilitate that trend by accepting that standard. It's the same crap with all the service fees and taxes on online deliveries as well nowadays.
It's not that bad. Software is more complex to test than the common toaster, and if we wanted to have a completely bug-free game (if that's even practically feasible), we'd have to wait for years and it would be much more expensive.

The silver lining is that the game is still being worked on, and the developers take the opportunity to modify it according to the feedback they get, which we can't do with the toaster.

(Hm, maybe it's a bad example and there are Android toasters that get patched after release)

It's not that bad. Software is more complex to test than the common toaster, and if we wanted to have a completely bug-free game (if that's even practically feasible), we'd have to wait for years and it would be much more expensive.

The silver lining is that the game is still being worked on, and the developers take the opportunity to modify it according to the feedback they get, which we can't do with the toaster.

(Hm, maybe it's a bad example and there are Android toasters that get patched after release)

I disagree with this. I was very young, but I still caught a glimpse of gaming before the DRM era, when everyone played games in cartridges, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, etc. Even in Cassettes, previous to my own gaming times. There was a quality standard even with a much poorer technology and tools, and the games were all released in fully playable status.

Once in a blue moon, you would hear of a game that had a game-breaking bug, and the company behind it was massively shamed and forced to refund anyone who had bought the game, which they promptly did taking a massive hit to their reputation.

Now the standard is, having no standards. It's fair game to knowingly release buggy games, sometimes with several dozen accounts of game-breaking bugs (ie, both Pathfinder games) and because we have no standards, and our brains have been washed to accept this no-standard new status quo, you even see people actually happy, championing the idea of "Oh my, they are patching a lot, they really are a good company!".

To me, that doesn't cut it. I know it does to others, I know it's impressive for some people that a company would push out 6 version upgrades of a game within one month of release. Easily impressionable, I'd say, but alright. Suppose they were fine with paying for a product that was purposedly given to them in a broken condition just because it was convenient to them to take their money at that time, right? It's all fair when you have no standards.

To me, what would be impressive is to have no version upgrades within one month, because the game didn't need it, and that is the kind of game that I will praise and support. To the scammers that dishonestly take my money to fit their financial windows while well knowing it's not a finished product, they will get my most profound critique, and generally, everyone around me will know well what my opinion is on, whether they have standards enough to see that they are being scammed or not.

I disagree with this. I was very young, but I still caught a glimpse of gaming before the DRM era, when everyone played games in cartridges, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, etc. Even in Cassettes, previous to my own gaming times. There was a quality standard even with a much poorer technology and tools, and the games were all released in fully playable status.
Which part do you disagree with? Because for the cost part, it's a known fact. Agile and CD/CI haven't become the predominant methodologies by sheer luck ;)

Maybe the ability to patch and the fact everyone does it is convenient, for sure. Like everything, I'm sure it's abused. What I'm saying is that there are advantages.

Besides, the old games we bought before it was easy to update them through Internet (or BBS) contained many bugs too.

Which part do you disagree with? Because for the cost part, it's a known fact. Agile and CD/CI haven't become the predominant methodologies by sheer luck ;)

Maybe the ability to patch and the fact everyone does it is convenient, for sure. Like everything, I'm sure it's abused. What I'm saying is that there are advantages.

Besides, the old games we bought before it was easy to update them through Internet (or BBS) contained many bugs too.

I just can't see a silver lining in the general "conformism" around "some games are released broken but hey, at least they get patched." And I don't think it's a good thing for the sector, the industry, and us as customers to just accept that a great number of games are going to be mostly broken, but it's okay, they'll get fixed at some point, way after you already paid their full price of course, and we should be thankful to them anyway.

They don't make games to express their love for the players, they make games to create income, so it's fair to demand some standards from them.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea that games can keep getting patched, especially when it's say, tweaks to difficulty, or adding QoL changes that simply weren't played by thousands of players for the developers to know that was a wanted feature, but not when the game is barely playable from beginning to end or boasts of features that either it doesn't have, or don't work.

I would definitely love to patch my toaster, (I think some toasters already do that!) but I also know that if it's faulty, I get a refund without having a legion of whiteknights waging their fists at me "how dareth thee speaketh foul of mine favourite toaster!" as if it was a crime to demand but an inkling of responsibility for failing to deliver a working product that I paid with my hard-earned money, by the way, by delivering finished work before my assigned deadlines - not works in progress, or fragments of it to be "patched" at a later date.

Last edited:
Not all games are broken, nor are they all made just for income. But then I've been avoiding most AAA titles, so I can't speak for those.

Anyway, I'm not sure to see the relevance to what I wrote. You're obviously very upset with the gaming industry and need to express it, don't let me stop you. :)

I disagree with this. I was very young, but I still caught a glimpse of gaming before the DRM era, when everyone played games in cartridges, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, etc. Even in Cassettes,

Back in cassette days, patching was a much more literal intervention comprising a pencil, some sellotape and 20/20 vision. Games could only be patched if they had the decency to get tangled at the beginning of the tape.

I agree it is very undesirable, but games today (on average) are many times more complex and longer than older games. Don't forget that older games which did have bugs simply could not get patched in the pre-internet era. You just had to live with those bugs.

Some games that did end up getting patched sometimes needed community patches long after the fact. The main example of that would be Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, which I think is still being patched now.

Some gamebreaking bugs such as the winches getting stuck in Gothic were never fixed by official patches. You were just told to avoid using them until you needed to as a workaround.

I find the current state horrible, but I can't say earlier games were bug free at all. Certainly not the more complex games.

Word "roadmap" used in a singleplayer PC game?
WTF.
Since when PC is adopting phonegame lootboxoids terminology?

So…is anyone actually playing this yet?

I think everyone is letting off some steam and venting about the game industry, which can be healthy sometimes.

I confess it doesn't bother me too much with games as I see them as so much more complex these days, as are the tools used to play them with, versus older times. This doesn't mean I like it, just that I tend to understand the why more ... and I think some take advantage of it and some try hard not to. I also think its a bit more costly to make games these days so maybe people can't sit on them as long as they should to polish. I don't really know so I tend to shrug it off.

What irks me a whole lot more is software in general as a license versus buying and owning. Adobe and how they switched so now its a yearly license fee, and how many applications went, or are going, this way. I hate that. It means if you want to keep using those tools, and often things you made with those tools, you have to pay every year instead of once. One reason I still use some very old versions of software.

As for Gamedec I am interested and will be getting it but not until I catch up on some other games.

People are probably smart to wait on game purchase's for a while - not only does that mean a more polished game but if everyone started to wait a few months to buy a game after release ... that would send a clear message to the business that they are tired of so many patches. I don't know if a company could handle that financially.

I am part of the problem though as I often lack the patience to wait too long unless I already have something else that I am wrapped up in.

So…is anyone actually playing this yet?

I played the Demo when it came out a few months ago, but I haven't had time to even think about the full release yet as I have several other games waiting while I'm only in chapter 3 of Pathfinder.
Concerning bugs and patches; I remember when a game fit on a floppy, then several floppies, then a CD, etc, etc...... Those were MUCH less complex and easier to test before release. I know, I was an unpaid beta tester for many games, for many years. (I was given a free copy of the final game as my reward). Now that people are excited to actually PAY extra for the privilege of being a beta tester (and even more for alpha) what else would you expect!! :)

Back
Top Bottom