Diablo 3 - Rise Of The Necromancer Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gears of Biz has reviewed the new necromancer class for Diablo 3:

Diablo 3: Rise Of The Necromancer

It had me at “you can blow up corpses.” Rise of the Necromancer provides a fantastic new character class for Diablo III in a dark wizard who loves the dead as much as Alice Cooper. As such, this downloadable content provides a reason for dedicated fans of Blizzard’s hack-and-slasher to revisit the game, and it even offers a little nudge for newbies to finally get with it and play one of the best action RPGs of all time. There’s one important caveat, though–all you get here is the new necromancer class and his undeadly accoutrements.

[...]
More information.

Can't wait for the LoD remaster man.

My review: Play Necromancer in Path of Exile, 100x better with more options and does not cost extra 15$

Nope.

Except that PoE is boring for the most part. :)

Sadly, I agree with you. Wanted so much to get into PoE but it was just.... boring.

Yeah, Diablo 3 is massively more entertaining to me as well. Sadly, I've exhausted the game until they add some significant new content. These little adventure areas are nowhere near enough.

Even a new act wouldn't be quite enough.

Why would that be? Although I'm not that much of a fan of Blizzard's, I like Diablo 3 as it is now, but I definitely love Grim Dawn, yet I can't stand Path of Exile.

Only thing Grim Dawn had over POE was stable connection and no desync when playing alone due to Grim Dawn not being always online. But PoE fixed that, now it runs smooth.

Diablo 3 is for fangirls (read arpg casuals).

I really do need to check out Path of Exile one of these days - just to see what the much lauded and celebrated character systems are like, as the gutted stat system in D3 really is pitiful and remains a sore point for me with the game. Grim Dawn I've beaten the once, but haven't really felt the urge yet to return to it and so have temporarily abandoned a second harder run.

Also, if there are any permadeath/hardcore options to make Path of Exile's game-play more intense, then that would be of interest as well. :) I've been there and done that with D3 for the most part. If there are these types of options, I just may have to finally see what its main rival is like in that department.

There is Hardcore yes. But it is pretty hard (at least starting with Act 4 and become a lot harder with every act)

Only thing Grim Dawn had over POE was stable connection and no desync when playing alone due to Grim Dawn not being always online. But PoE fixed that, now it runs smooth.

I would say Diablo 3 is pretty decent nowadays.

The things that really bothered me about Path of Exile were unstable connection/lag and the overall blandness and boring qualities of its gameplay.

You say they have fixed the connection issues so I might give it another shot.

The things that really bothered me about Path of Exile were unstable connection/lag and the overall blandness and boring qualities of its gameplay.

They also implemented DX11 and made the game prettier.
The start of the game is still slow and gameplay seems slower (not slower than before) until you progress through few acts, get gems and supports and better gear.

While I did love PoE for quite a long while after a release I did stop playing.

If they released a single player version of it with no server connection and a modicum of currency exchange in game... I'd pay $60 for it.

While I did love PoE for quite a long while after a release I did stop playing.

If they released a single player version of it with no server connection and a modicum of currency exchange in game… I'd pay $60 for it.
Poe.trade is your friend for any kind of trade in PoE.

PoE fans are tough sons of bitches. :)

Did not hit any of those button smasher since Diablo II. Which one would you advise me to try nowadays?

Back
Top Bottom