Fable - Announce Trailer

According to industry "spies", the revival game won't be yet another silly and irrelevant/forgettable mmo but sort of a franchise reboot.

Assuming the reboot won't remove polygamist feature old Fables had, I won't say no. Not yet. :evilgrin:

On the plus side it's indeed a reboot. Another plus is Peter Molyneux is not in charge of the franchise anymore. Still need more info & game-play footage to form an opinion.

On the plus side it's indeed a reboot. Another plus is Peter Molyneux is not in charge of the franchise anymore. Still need more info & game-play footage to form an opinion.

Thank god we don't have Molyneux this time promising the game will make actual coffee for us and then wash the dishes while you play.

I probably wouldn't be interested anyways as the previous games weren't really my cup of tea, but the choice of developer here is a head-scratcher. Their history as a game developer consist entirely of four racing titles.

Forza Horizon
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Horizon 4
Fable?

Wasn't there a Fable MMO and a spin-off that failed?

I probably wouldn't be interested anyways as the previous games weren't really my cup of tea, but the choice of developer here is a head-scratcher. Their history as a game developer consist entirely of four racing titles.

Forza Horizon
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Horizon 4
Fable?

It might not be completely irrelevant. Racing sims are simulations and the good RPGs simulate a world. Maybe a stretch through. ;-)

Thank god we don't have Molyneux this time promising the game will make actual coffee for us and then wash the dishes while you play.
He should be given a lifetime award for all his false promises. :biggrin:
It might not be completely irrelevant. Racing sims are simulations and the good RPGs simulate a world. Maybe a stretch through. ;-)
Never played a single Forza Horizon game, but you have to agree it does seem weird to hand over one of your prized franchises to a developer with no RPG games?

Just an observation on my part. Like I said I need actual game-play not CGI.

Hey, if you go with the current standards, Forza Horizon games have "RPG elements". Surprised they didn't get nominations for RPG of the year, considering Phoenix Point did.

We0ll see about Fable, for now, reserved judgement.

I kind of agree with Siver. Forza Horizon games (at least the ones that I played) had a beautiful open world and had a lot of stats to tweak and customize on your car. I think that would translate well to an RPG. They do need a good writer, though.

I haven't played sequels, but the orginal game wasn't that bad. I remember combat having very arcade feel and they can certainly improve from *that*, but there was a lot to like. The setting itself felt very freash back in the day. The gameworld & questing was a good mix of traditional fantasy and fairy tale. Intresting to see how this game will shape up.

Isn't it strange that trailers from the Unwashed Masses like Mechajammer, Naudrion, Yakuza are relegated to a slow YT server providing Choppy, Laggy, Skippy play. When glorious FABLE trailer plays amazingly SMOOTH? All this with 3 whole browser tabs open.. :->

It's time you finally trash your 20 years old PC and buy a proper one.

Fairy racing sim. You have already seen that in the video. :lol:

On the other hand ... it might be helpful to have a fresh look at a franchise ... Most lovers of any given franchise will probably not like any change ...

I have a bout twenty tabs open and playing a game and it runs smooth...

I love the feel of fable games....I hope this keeps the same feel.

Maybe just me, but I found the trailer weirdly disturbing - the way the fairy's dead leg hangs out of the toad's mouth. I know some little ones who wouldn't care for that! I must be going soft.

Maybe just me, but I found the trailer weirdly disturbing - the way the fairy's dead leg hangs out of the toad's mouth. I know some little ones who wouldn't care for that! I must be going soft.
I think my six year old would b a little upset. He got angry at me the other day for hunting a deer in Red dead redemption 2 :D

Most people get softer, the older they get. Personally that makes me happy. We need a world that's as soft as possible, I think. Imagine if some of the crazy dictators/leaders in the world actually got kinder over time... :)

Back
Top Bottom