Hellpoint - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG Hellpoint has been released:

Hellpoint

Hellpoint is a dark and challenging action RPG set in a heavily atmospheric sci-fi universe where the line between science and occultism is blurred.

Once a pinnacle of human achievement, the Irid Novo space station has fallen. Its ruins are now overrun by cruel interdimensional entities acting as puppets of the malevolent Cosmic Gods.

You have been created by the Author, organically printed on Irid Novo and sent on a mission to find out the unholy series of events that led to the catastrophic incident known as the Merge.

• Irid Novo is a massive interconnected world full of mysteries, hidden passages and secrets within secrets - all for you to explore in any order you like. More dread and shivers awaits you as you travel deeper into the darkest corner of this forsaken colony.
  • Dozens of melee and ranged weapons and armor pieces to suit your playstyle. Every weapon has unique special abilities that unlock the more you fight with them.
  • A fascinating new sci fi universe reminiscent of classic sci-fi movies, set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm and complete with a deep lore and goosebump inducing soundtrack.
  • The space station orbits in real time around an ominous black hole that triggers various dynamic events such as boss appearances, horde assaults as well as modified enemy stats and positions.
  • If you are struggling, ask a friend to press Start to join in a couch coop session, or call for assistance online. The entire game can be completed uninterrupted in coop. The loot is shared, and the experience of local player two is saved and not watered down.
More information.

Action RPG?
For all I know it's soulslike coop or pvp.
Could be that I misremember though... :)

I have a spare Steam key if anyone wants it? First come first served

Edit: now claimed :)

Last edited:
Pre-ordered it with about 40% discount from Greenmangaming and just got the key. I will wait for few weeks for the game to be patched up before starting a run through.

From the demo the developers did a great job to produce a game in a very difficult genre.

Absolutely doesn't copy Dark Souls or DOOM at all.

Just today tried out FF12 Zodiac Age, because someone commented on how he liked the combat realization AND those alligator-like enemy soldiers looked good.
Shocking reality hit me as FF12: ZA has some okayish FMVs, but stupid cutscene-heavy gameplay with rare and minimal interaction from the actual player. Also combat is badly done with that idiotic AUTO-COMBAT Realtime-PAUSE MIX. Probably this was the last Final Fantasy game I'll ever touch. Apart from the amazing FF Tactics: Rebirth on the PSX emulator, of course! With Save-states and Speed-Up and BIG Font UI! :D

set in a heavily atmospheric sci-fi universe where the line between science and occultism is blurred.

So... set in 2020?

The trailer was super-boring, like they wanted people to skip it. I will!

Not my kind of game but hope some enjoy it.

Off topic but I am having a hard time telling mercy and joxers posts apart these days :p

It’s supposed to be souls like but combat is clunky and the game is bug ridden. 2 very unsouls-like things.

I’ll check back after several patches.

Not my kind of game but hope some enjoy it.

Off topic but I am having a hard time telling mercy and joxers posts apart these days :p

Well, in joxer's case there are games he actually likes....

Sorry mercy, couldnt't resist.

A pibbur who (naively) probably has problems finding anything run on a computer he doesn't like.

Well, in joxer's case there are games he actually likes….

Sorry mercy, couldnt't resist.

A pibbur who (naively) probably has problems finding anything run on a computer he doesn't like.

Oh aye indeed. It was less the message and more the acid trip scribbles :)

Teasing ... running away now.

Back
Top Bottom