Bethesda Softworks - New Game This E3?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
JuiceHead thinks that Bethesda will reveal a new game at E3. He is basing this on a recent Todd Howard interview with AIAS Game Maker's Notebook.

Today we take a look at an interview Tood Howard recently gave on The AIAS Game Maker's Notebook, a podcast that has talked to various different devs of larger games. During the interview they talk about Fallout 4 mods and Skyrim SE mods, but also the bigger picture of Fallout 5 and The Elder Scrolls 6. There is mention of new games being complete leading me to believe the rumored Starfield or another new IP will be announced at this E3.
More information.

My first impression is to pass.

I see Bethesda doing a new game and my first thought it, "Great, when I'm completely bored a few years from now, maybe I'll grab this from the five dollar bin." That's how little I care for their products these days. And I'd have to hear good things to grab it even then!

Good, good, there's still some juice left in ol' Gamebryo. How they'll rename it this time?

elderscrolls please. fallout is not what is it used to be anymore..

Even worse when there's a rumor of an announcement of an announcement.

On the bright(ish) side, we are talking about things that create a lot of threads on forums.

pibbur who just contributed

Also, this is guaranteed to not look like RPGMaker. 90% of the news posts are of rickety looking games that could have been built in 1995.

The question is why weren't they built in 1995.
Or they were but somehow went through Grimoire development "cycle".

On topic, I don't care much as thanks to existance of ESO now I don't know if it's a proper game that's supposed to make appearance or yet another MMO garbage.

My bet is on something like an Elderscrolls sandbox that just provides the base for user generated content. These mods must be bought and Bethesda will earn their share.

Am I the only one who put in over a hundred hours on Skyrim?

No, i have over 500 and counting. Wolfgrim im sure has well over 2000 by now.

Its just the watch, you know, hating Triple A studios is the norm.

I don't hate anything, let alone games. For the amount of money that Bethesda puts into their products, I just constantly see diminishing returns. They are the ones that lowered my expectations on their own products. I expect more than average from them, and I'm on the lookout for items that make that mark from them.

I did, but only with a significant amount of mods. It's borderline unplayable without them. Terrible character creator, awful one dimensional characters and plot, almost no roleplay dialogue and what IS there is idiotic beyond belief (option 1. ermagerd am durgenborn wow! option 2. wat is durgenborn?), very little reactivity to choices and world events, the 'cities' were super underwhelming in scope...

Unfortunately Bethesda know that they have a good baseline system for exploring a large map that gets a lot of commercial success so they really don't seem to care much about improving and innovating in other areas. They know that modders will supply multifaceted companion characters and non-Gordon Ramseyesque skin textures to maintain interest.

Over 300 hours here. Finding Blackreach is still one of my all time favorite gaming moments.

Funny how they seem to be getting punished because they made such a mod-friendly game. People see what the mods can do and blame Bethesda for not doing whatever-it-is in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom