The Witcher 2 - Namco to Publish in Europe, APac

Dhruin

SasqWatch
News that The Witcher 2 will be distributed in much of Europe and Asia Pacific by Namco Bandai:
THE WITCHER 2: ASSASSINS OF KINGS' CONFIRMED FOR EUROPE- NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S. to Distribute Eagerly Awaited PC Sequel from
CD Projekt RED Across EMEA and Asia Pacific -

LYON, FRANCE – 24 May 2010 – NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S. today confirmed that it will distribute The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings from Polish developer CD Projekt RED across EMEA and Asia Pacific. The sequel to the multi award-winning hit PC role-playing game The Witcher, which has sold in excess of 1.5 million copies worldwide, is scheduled for release in 2011.

We're very excited and proud to be adding The Witcher 2 to our line up for 2011,” said Olivier Comte, VP Marketing, Sales & Publishing, NAMCO BANDAI Partners. “The team at CD Projekt RED is one of the most passionate and skilled in the world, and they are committed to delivering the best possible experience to their fans, which leads me to believe we will have an amazing game on our hands.

“I'm very happy that we can put the last piece of the worldwide puzzle in place by confirming NAMCO BANDAI as our European distribution and marketing partner,” said Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt RED. “We've already put a lot of sweat and love into the Witcher 2, which we think and hope will be one of the best ever RPGs, and we're looking forward to sharing more details in the coming months.”

The second instalment in the role-playing saga continues the morally ambiguous adventures of notorious witcher Geralt of Rivia with a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline which defines new standards for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration. In addition to the epic story, the game features an original, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action, letting players feel every sword blow.

Built from the ground up by CD Projekt RED, the new, proprietary game engine is responsible for the game's beautiful visuals as well as its sophisticated gameplay mechanics, and puts players in the heart of the most alive and believable world ever created in an RPG game. All the elements that made the first game such a global hit with fans, the captivating story, dynamic combat system, beautiful graphics and more, are all executed in a much more advanced and sophisticated way in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, promising an unrivalled role-playing experience.

Fans can follow The Witcher on Twitter (@WitcherGame) and on Facebook.com/The-Witcher.
More information.

Is it me or does CD Project need to tone it down a bit with the PR. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Witcher and am very much looking forward to the next one, but too often they come off as arrogant and almost smug, instead of confident, when I read info released by them. Maybe it's just a language barrier thing, as I'm sure it's not their intention. Anybody else think that?

Is it me or does CD Project need to tone it down a bit with the PR. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Witcher and am very much looking forward to the next one, but too often they come off as arrogant and almost smug, instead of confident, when I read info released by them. Maybe it's just a language barrier thing, as I'm sure it's not their intention. Anybody else think that?

It's not just you, but to be honest, I don't care much about PR-things, what I want is info about the game and a worthy sequel to the first Witcher.
For now, it seems they're delivering on both fronts, so I'm going to cut them some slack.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom