Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Gold!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
JoWood sent out the following press release, announcing G3: Forsaken Gods has gone Gold for a November 21st shipping date (the territories for this date are not specified):
GOTHIC 3 – FORSAKEN GODS GONE GOLD!
Liezen, Austria, November 10th 2008; Finally, it`s done: The gold master of Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods has been completed and delivered to the production facility. Developer Trine Studios and Publisher JoWooD Productions are delighted to release the game on November 21st 2008.

“A fascinating story combined with thrilling and various quests are ensuring that the fans of the Gothic series will experience many exciting hours in the official AddOn.". We are happy to create this great transition to the already announced ArcaniA, hereby decreasing idle time for the community”, explains Stefan Berger, Head of Project Management.
About Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods:
Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods includes new quests, new monsters and many of the old friends whom gamers around the world got to know in previous episodes. Got hic 3 - Forsaken Gods will answer all the questions which have risen in the past and will slowly introduce the fans to a new chapter...
Thanks to Alistair for a similar submission.
In other news, World of Gothic has the 6th part of the the 5-part Hero's Diary.
More information.

Bartacus said:
Let me guess: a German only release date?
Well, play.com lists the release date as 21/11/2008, and IIRC the English version of Gothic 3 was released simultaneously with the German one in Europe, so it's possible that's when the English version's out too. Then again, this is from the company that (barely) brought us The Night of The Raven, so you can't really be sure...

All I want to know is if on my quad core dual graphics card 4gb of ram pc if I can get more than 5 frames per second and not have to reboot the computer every 30 minutes. I'd be willing to re-purchase the orginal game for that let alone this new 'expansion.'

combat....

Unless they fixed the stupid combat system this is going to be pretty worthless

All I want to know is if on my quad core dual graphics card 4gb of ram pc if I can get more than 5 frames per second and not have to reboot the computer every 30 minutes. I'd be willing to re-purchase the orginal game for that let alone this new 'expansion.'

I've had no problem running Gothic 3 on much less powerful hardware (three or so year old AMD dual core, and a recent $200 ATI graphics card), so if it won't do more that 5 FPS there must be something really wrong with your system...

Let me guess: a German only release date?

I spent hours researching (I checked Amazon) and it looks likes it scheduled for release on November 11th.

I've had no problem running Gothic 3 on much less powerful hardware (three or so year old AMD dual core, and a recent $200 ATI graphics card), so if it won't do more that 5 FPS there must be something really wrong with your system...

I'm not the only one. A quick google and you'll find enough 'how to get g3 to run well on windows vista' information to fill a 747 hangar.

So Storm of Zehir, this one, and Wrath of the Lich King within a few weeks? If only they spread it a bit more..

I spent hours researching (I checked Amazon) and it looks likes it scheduled for release on November 11th.

Both Amazon and GameStop have it for the 18th at this point. I'll try to pre-order tomorrow when I pick up the weekly bounty ...

Gothic 3 plays well on my computer and my specs are only average.
AMD X2 3800+
2gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 7800GT
Windows Vista Ultimate

I have the same specs as you guenthar and Gothic 3 plays horrible on my system.

Did you mod it to make it run well ?

Gothic 3 has a font related bug, at least on Vista. One of the fonts used causes a massive performance drain. There was a simple hack to force him to fall back to an alternative.

Gothic 3 ran ok for me and I'm on a single core PC. It kept crashing and getting errors because of the memory leaks. I had to keep alt+tabbing and using that German program to give me more memory. Gothic 3 was a real pain to play.

I hope the Addon doesn't do the same thing. But I wouldn't be surprised, it's not even developed by them. So It'll probably be crap anyway.

Release-Patch

There will be a Release-Patch.
It was mentioned in the "G3 Addon Gold News" at the WoG-Fanpage.
It was erased there, because JoWooD wasn´t happy that it leaked out.
Still, there is evidence in the comments of the news.

Back
Top Bottom