Mage Knight Apocalypse & Destiny Soldier

txa1265

SasqWatch
Started this before at the 'other' site ;)

Anyone else playing? What do you think? What do you like / hate / whatever? I'm done with the PC game and have submitted my GamerDad review. I'll keep the mystery, but say that it isn't worth $50 ... or $40 ... and probably not $30!

The DS version is very interesting - it toom me a long time slogging through it because I'm not the best at turn-based strategy. I have to lose every battle a couple of times, it seems But it is a great simulation of the tabletop version - grid, drag-and-drop pieces, even on-screen dice. It isn't superlative, but it is pretty good. I wish there was at least 'hot seat' multiplayer so I could play with my kids.

Anyone else?

Mike

So, the PC version is different from the DS version? And, the DS version is a faithful reproduction of the tabletop game? Sorry...just not up on all of the latest information on this game.

The DS version is a turn-based strategy game in which you actually move pieces by grabbing them with your stylus and 'roll' the dice. The rules are all intact.

The PC game is a generic action-RPG with names and appearances and a general theme from the Mage Knight world.

Wish I had a DS then, I've played the tabletop game...it's quite fun.

Unfortunately while the game is decent it isn't worth buying a DS to play.

Back
Top Bottom