Deus Ex - DX3 Trailer Screen Captures @ ShackNews

magerette

Hedgewitch
ShackNews has isolated individual renders from the teaser recently released by EidosMontreal for their third game in the Deus Ex series now in development. It shows the concept art in more detail than the video which flashes them past pretty quickly.
You can view the shots and commentary here.
More information.

It also shows some interesting texts.

You can spot a box that says "biopolitical vote 2027" and signs that say "Augmented people enter from the back" and "We do not welcome augmented people here".

Nice to hear the old theme. :)

ShackNews pissed me off by putting the box art from Invisible War at the top of the page. Other than that, good article. :)

I like the implications delivered by the imagery. Now it could be wishful thinking on my part, but it does suggest some real story-based elements in play. Granted it could all be nothing but backdrop against which you kill your way through levels, but I remain optimistic.
The Deus Ex setting (and, really, the cyberpunk genre in general) does offer a vast pool of timely topics for exploration and plot points. I hope DX3 lives up to that.

In the meantime, I may have to give DX another go.

A voiceover written by someone with a perfect, unblemished ignorance of the intellectual history of the human race. Religious imagery and the Fibonacci sequence. Fuck you very much, Dan Brown. And, oh boy, here come the ham-fisted allusions to segregation. I wonder if we're about to learn that intolerance is wrong! DEATHCLAWS DON'T HAVE FUR!

I need a shower.

Last edited:
A voiceover written by someone with a perfect, unblemished ignorance of the intellectual history of the human race. Religious imagery and the Fibonacci sequence. Fuck you very much, Dan Brown. And, oh boy, here come the ham-fisted allusions to segregation. I wonder if we're about to learn that intolerance is wrong! DEATHCLAWS DON'T HAVE FUR!

I need a shower.

But all of that (the cheesiness, the absolute anti-historic stance, pseudo realism and Dan Brownish cartoon conspiration theories) is actually which makes DX.

DX is a bland social commentary on the stupidness of conspiration theories in general, like an X-Files episode with tongue in cheek.

I didn't think that the conspiracy theories were all that central to the game's story anyways. I thought there was some pretty good deep political and philosophical stuff in there. Bioshock is about the only other game that has included those types of messages effectively that I can think of.

I have to agree this isn't about conspiracy theories, of course this is fiction yet these were real conspiracies in the game, not some theory chased after in vain.

If you don't think there are people in the world (past or present) whom would let other people die of disease, poverty or outright extermination, for personal gain then why do at least 90% of all the worlds nations endorse and have laws/policies against genocide and crimes against humanity?
So actually the based real world problems, in a fictional setting, as far as I can tell. :)

Back
Top Bottom