Dragon Age 4 - Creative Director Leaves BioWare

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Gaming Bolt reports that creative director for Dragon Age 4 Matt Goldman has left BioWare.

Dragon Age 4 Creative Director Leaves BioWare

Another high profile Dragon Age lead leaves BioWare, though the developer insists it is committed to "a high-quality Dragon Age game."

[...]

In an email sent by BioWare to its staff, the developer revealed that Goldman has left the studio, with the two parties "mutually agreeing to part ways", although there's no mention of what brought about this departure. Goldman first joined BioWare in 1998. In his first stint at the studio, which lasted over seven years, he worked on Baldur's Gate and Jade Empire. He rejoined in 2009, following which he worked on every game in the Dragon Age series, and was also involved in the development of Mass Effect: Andromeda.

[...]
More information.

Edited: .. Some rubbish..Some more..Nothing left

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
hehe well maybe now they can finally scrap the dragon age 4 idea...

And instead make a Dragon age: origins 2

What caught my eye in the statement was this:

"We understand that Matt’s departure has an impact on you, as well as the game’s development. Rest assured our commitment to a high-quality Dragon Age game has not waivered, and we will not ship a game that is not up to BioWare’s standards."

I didn't know they had those anymore :D

Well another one leaves. Are there any original Dragon Age developers left? Seems the total is around a few hundred employees that have left Bioware over the last few years.

This is from back in March 2021. Just what the hell is going on?

BioWare's In Trouble… 150+ Senior Devs Quit & The Sad Truth of DA 4/ME 4

Just what the hell is going on?

Money and/or sick of the corporate grind.

A lot of game devs start out as smaller companies and there is a whole different feel between being part of a team doing something you care about and being whipped and treated like a slave to make money for investors and upper management while having all facets of your existence dictated.

As a non game dev I'm experiencing this as our company recently got acquired. Lots of good people flee the scene or get disappeared and replaced by corporate stooges.

Corporate management is all about screwing clients AND employees as hard as possible to squeeze money upward - and you get sick of being part of it and need out or to find somewhere you get screwed less.

Back
Top Bottom