Seems everyone loves EA

Other than Visceral Games (their subsidiary company that developed Dead Space), I can't think of a single redeeming thing when it comes to EA.

Other than Visceral Games (their subsidiary company that developed Dead Space), I can't think of a single redeeming thing when it comes to EA.

Dead Space on iPhone killed the series for me. It's a rather frustrating game and you get very few nodes and never enough money for armor. But guess what, after paying 8-9 dollars for the actual game you can buy DLC's for real money that basically gives you credits and nodes. But there's more! After a few weeks on the market a patch was added to the game. Great. But all that patch does is to add in-game advertisements of other EA products.

I actually deleted the game and watched someone play it on youtube instead.

Dead Space on iPhone killed the series for me. It's a rather frustrating game and you get very few nodes and never enough money for armor. But guess what, after paying 8-9 dollars for the actual game you can buy DLC's for real money that basically gives you credits and nodes. But there's more! After a few weeks on the market a patch was added to the game. Great. But all that patch does is to add in-game advertisements of other EA products.

What were you expecting from an iPhone/Android game?

Anyone see the South Park where EA takes over the Crack Baby Athletic Association? Funny stuff!

I can't agree with that characterization of Origin.

First installed Origin in order to download a free promo copy of ME2, and I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised to notice that it was not a resource hog and the download speed was comparable to Steam.

Recently, I purchased ME3 on Origin and learned that if you have a 100MB FIOS connection, the download speed is significantly faster than Steam, up to 20-30MB/s. The entire game downloaded in a few minutes.

Also, Origin incorporates a live chat and voice tech support function, which is fantastic. Steam has nothing like that, only a support forum to open help tickets.

I still prefer to pick up a game on Steam if the price is comparable, but you can easily use your Steam overlay with Origin games for chat, screenshots and other Steam features.

Anyone see the South Park where EA takes over the Crack Baby Athletic Association? Funny stuff!

That was hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom