What games are you playing now?

Just to mention it for people who don't read the MMO forum: I'm playing Warhammer Online, and it's FUN! Happyhappysuperfun even, this far in. :)

only playing Guildwars Factions momentarily.
Loving it but not far with any char yet

Still playing The Witcher EE, and loving it. Taking some rather different choices this time around, and the feel of the game is, well, different.

I'm also in the process of dusting off some really old boxes (good thing I never throw anything away!) and installing a bunch of classic LucasArts adventures on the brand new Nokia E71 that my employer was kind enough to provide me, on the grounds that all those smartphone features are bound to make me even more productive. Suckers. Heh.

I'm into Act 4 on my Diablo2 run, but I haven't really caught the grind sickness like I did with Dungeon Siege 2. I'm confident I'll finish out the first round, but I might take a break before doing it all over on the next level. I think I've made a mash with my barbarian's skill points, but I'm definitely not interested in starting over just yet. I loaded up 1701AD last night and went thru the first tutorial. Probably a mistake there, since I still haven't completed my NWN2 run. It's very rare for me to play 2 "real" games at the same time, and the possibility of opening up a 3rd front is unprecedented. Something's wrong with me, me thinks.
Yep, turned out to be a mistake. Played 1701AD all weekend, and had a very good time. Count deMoney (thanks, Mel Brooks) went thru several aborted starts before running a colony up to 2000 settlers. I'll probably start over yet again, with a few more lessons learned.

I really should finish off D2. NWN2 is practically forgotten in the logjam, which is a real shame. I'll probably end up starting that one over yet again at some point in the future.

I've burned out on my return-to-Diablo phase as well, apparently and been spending the last week playing around with some Chinese imperialism as the great Tu Phat dynasty in the old Impressions city builder, Emperor. I might have to try to pick up 1701AD one of these days. I really enjoyed Europa 1400:The Guild.

Only game I feel like playing these days is Mount&Blade. Tried reinstalling Kohan2 on my computer last week... it seems it doesnt run under windows Vista and I didnt feel like rebooting my machine under XP. Still don't have a key to install the EE over my canadian version of The Witcher. *sigh*

I've burned out on my return-to-Diablo phase as well, apparently and been spending the last week playing around with some Chinese imperialism as the great Tu Phat dynasty in the old Impressions city builder, Emperor. I might have to try to pick up 1701AD one of these days. I really enjoyed Europa 1400:The Guild.
Tu Phat... I like that.

Best Buy has the Gold Version for $30. I assume it won't be long before Target/WalMart has it for $20. I did hit one very minor bug so far, although I haven't been able to get on line to check for updates. Other than that, it's a very entertaining game so far. I haven't attempted any scenerios yet--just sandboxing so far (and might stick just to that anyway).

Tu Phat... I like that.

Best Buy has the Gold Version for $30. I assume it won't be long before Target/WalMart has it for $20. I did hit one very minor bug so far, although I haven't been able to get on line to check for updates. Other than that, it's a very entertaining game so far. I haven't attempted any scenerios yet--just sandboxing so far (and might stick just to that anyway).

I'll probably have to wait for the bargain bin on any new games atm unless I find gainful employment. I like both styles of play, campaign and sandbox. so long as the campaigns don't get too ridiculous in artificially ramping up the difficulty to make things "more interesting."

Good luck on getting your internet connection up soonest.

I'm playing the NWN modules collectively called The Aielund Saga. I was playing Tortured Hearts but it's too talky, talky for me. I found Aielund to be pretty hard until I created a Leto-enhanced rogue/paladin :D Leto is a character editor. I basically edited all the attributes to 18 and then gave myself level 4 skill in all the thief abilities.

Now the game is a little too easy since I've leveled up several times, so I'm going to take him back down to legal levels in the 2nd part of the module. I think he's a level 5 Pal/3 rogue.

playing EQII w/ my fiancee.

It's pretty fun, i think the fact that we're playing together and know each other offline does make it so. Otherwise, it's just another MMO w/ all the usual NPC suspects and trappings weve come to know. Also, my last MMO was all typing - voice chat really wasnt as prevalent, it really makes a difference to be able to talk instead of typing away the entire time. Really helps when things get crazy.

She's a craft-oholic, so she's busy away making things, as am I. That's what's kinda perfect about it too, ive always been into the crafting side of mmos as well . Im a PVE /explorer / crafter carebear type i guess. The crafting side of the game is kinda different from other games that Ive played tho, instead of hitting GO and it either fails or works, you have several buttons that you have to play in order to make the recipe work out right. Like in cooking, you can add "dash of salt" or whtever, and it'll counteract something like "bad flavor" that can make a recipe go south. So it's a little more interactive than the usual, actually quite fun.

Havent explored all that much, we just got off the starter island last night.

Might and Magic 6, Limited Edition, Again!

I gave this as a gift about three years ago, and never tried it...then someone gave me a stack of old rpgs and I decided to web-search it. A lot of peeps said it was too much slash and not enough prob-solving, but now that I've gotten into it, I can tell you its huge for its time. So far, I haven't required any patches...that may just be the limited edition covered it. I am addicted to trying to create a "dream" team. Just found a teleporter in very strange place...Anyway, can someone please tell me how to 'toggle'the screen view between first person play and team/turn-based play screen? I would be most grateful, since my Amazon seller jipped me on a game manual.:-/ (you get two cds, and the first one has a readme but only on known bugs and stuff like that.)

Press Enter. Just check your ingame setup/controls.

I finished replaying Postal 2 last night ... probably the 5th or 6th replay. The last time I replayed was to confirm how absolutely awful the 'Apocalypse Weekend' expansion was ... It is now 5 years old ... retrospective time ;)

Love that game!

I was surprised how much i enjoyed Postal 2 - played it thru twice in a row. For my end rating, i think i got the title of Satan, I just was sitting there killing as many people, cops, and animals as I could for hours at a time to boost my score. It's like a terrible movie, so bad it's good. You have to play it patched tho, before the patch the enemies have like 100% hit rate on you, it's horrible. I like climbing up on the telephone poles and sniping away!

One of my favorite things to do, just like in GTA, start killing the fuzz and see how long you can last! Never played the expansion, was scared away by bad reviews and Starforce. I hear it was bad tho, part of the fun of the game for me was the free exploration. From what i hear, that is not a big part of Apocalypse Weekend, it's totally linear and the weapons are stupid. I'll pass

Cant wait for Postal III ='.'=

Okaaay, I thought that was a pause, with the hand. Now I remember using that on another game, you can freeze your NTC's for attacks. Thank you, if you know any hot keys........
thanks

From what i hear, that is not a big part of Apocalypse Weekend, it's totally linear and the weapons are stupid. I'll pass

Cant wait for Postal III ='.'=

Yeah, Apocalypse weekend seemed to miss what made Postal 2 fun. I think I gave it either 0.5 or 1 star on GamerDad ... the worst thing was that it had 'kill requirements' where you had to kill a certain amount of enemies to pass on to a new area.

Back
Top Bottom