Octopath Traveler - Available for Pre-Order

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Octopath Traveler is now available for pre-order on Steam.

OCTOPATH TRAVELER now available to pre-purchase

17 May @ 3:59am - L1keMike
If you've been patiently waiting for news on when you can pick up OCTOPATH TRAVELER on Steam, the answer is... right now.

The game is available to pre-purchase, ahead of its launch on June 7, 2019. Not only that, but anybody who gets the game now will also get a set of 11 exclusive wallpapers, featuring beautiful character art for the eight main heroes, and some of the stunning locations from the game.

[...]
More information.

Was interested till I saw the joke pricing £49.99 for a year old PC port. Check out regional pricing for an even bigger chuckle, F U Square Enix.

green man gaming selling for £42.49

Last edited:
I think I paid something like 50$ upon release on Switch (physical). Could be cheaper, but at least they dont sell you box with Steam download code. So, yeah.

Prices aside, have you seen recommended requirements? O_O
For all I know the game is supposed to be visually nintendoesque aka Nokia3310 ancient chips should be able to run it.

Prices aside, have you seen recommended requirements? O_O
For all I know the game is supposed to be visually nintendoesque aka Nokia3310 ancient chips should be able to run it.

Graphics is actually strong point , at least for someone who is into this style. I think they called it HD-2D or something. I like it a lot myself. And I can imagine its quite more demanding then usual SNES level 2D. But anyway, Im sure it should run smoothly on low-end systems and if it doesnt, then I would consider it trash-level port.

I'm interested in seeing what the computer version of this game will look and play like, but I don't need to pay for it in advance. I'll wait and see what the general mood is upon release and subsequent patches before I considering picking this one up for myself.

I heard good things from people who played it on the Switch, and they're not particularly JRPG folks.

Back
Top Bottom