Graywalkers - Gameplay First Look

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers checked out Graywalkers: Purgatory:

Graywalkers: Purgatory - Turn-based RPG - Gameplay First Look

First look at Graywalkers: Purgatory by Dreamlords Digital Inc. A promising #turnbased #RPG set in a supernatural post-apocalyptic world.

ABOUT THE GAME
You play the prophesied leader of The 36 Righteous Ones who are now called Graywalkers. You and the other Graywalkers walk the path between Heaven and Hell and Darkness and Light, each one destined to protect humanity in their own unique way. Your goal is to search for the 35 other Graywalkers and recruit them in your cause to unite Purgatory and lead the fight the reclaim the world from the supernatural invaders that have conquered the rest of the world.
More information.

Looks much better than it did during the kickstarter. I will have to pick this one up.

I agree it does look better then the prototype demo from a few years back. Guess the huge delay was worth it in the end. Just hope this gets completed one day.

Hummm... This is one of those games where you miss a lot more than you hit. 5% hit chance with full auto rifle, 10 feet away from target? 47% to hit with a melee attack? This is not for me.

Looks kinda cool. I’ll look forward to reading some watch impressions as it moves towards full release.

It looked "Christian" to me but perhaps it has something interesting. I will read the reviews.
Actually its about heaven and hell on earth with different factions.
Graywalkers: Purgatory is the first in a series of Emergent Strategic and Tactical Turn-based 3D Role-Playing Games set in a stylish supernatural post-apocalyptic world, where parts of Heaven, Hell and Earth have merged together in an event called "The Rupture".
Check the news as this game has been in development for years already.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/graywalkers--purgatory-606/news.html

full auto with 5% hit chance should have landed at least one or two bullets, instead it seem to be a complete hit or complete miss. lame.

Hummm… This is one of those games where you miss a lot more than you hit. 5% hit chance with full auto rifle, 10 feet away from target? 47% to hit with a melee attack? This is not for me.

Yeah, I saw that too, around the 14:20 mark. Large enemy, no apparent cover, full auto, about 10 feet away for 5% chance to hit? LOL something's wrong there.

Yeah, I saw that too, around the 14:20 mark. Large enemy, no apparent cover, full auto, about 10 feet away for 5% chance to hit? LOL something's wrong there.

I think you are discounting supernatural and magical abilities. As an example, in many vampire novels they can dodge/avoid bullets but not melee attacks. This may or may not be the case here as I am not sure what powers that treant-like creature might have. The other option is that the game is still under development and there are some bugs or not finalised design elements.

I wish them well.
Oh, boy.. The Sisterhood apparently loves heavy-metal music. We are invited to adore thick glowing green lines [borders of areas of movement] on the badly-lit battlescape, where it is hard to make out WTF is happening with participants in combat. The highlighted color on the monsters is eye-straining, making their tool-tip hard to read. This will need a lot of Early-Access work, which is what EA was designed for.

I tried to watch that video and there was almost nothing interesting there to see.
This needs such huge improvements to be playable I can probably forget it exists and it if does manage that I am sure people will be talking about how great it is.

Glad you think so. It's still a work in progress but we are definitely commited to make this even better. Just in the few days people have tried it, we've already made some improvements on the game and rearranged our priorities on which to fix first.

I hope so too. We've been laboring for 4+ years and we're definitely committed to finishing this. I'm just hoping that by the time we're done, people will like what we've created. We're hoping through EA, we will know what people like now. I've realized the expectations are different now a bit somehow

This is mostly due to the skill of the characters versus the enemy. It's an RPG so think a level 1 character going up against a level 5. Their chances to hit are definitely going to be much more different. The game uses a tabletop rpg system we created. So combat would feel more like Pathfinder Kingmaker rather than XCom. I think the issue we have now is balancing what is challenging enough while not making it too deadly. We've gone both ends of the spectrum wherein its hard to hit and versus its easy to hit at point blank range. The disadvantage goes towards the player and we don't know if most players now like that or not. I guess this is one of the things we hope we get from EA, to get these feedback to guide us with what works best with the players now.

Thanks for the feedback. We've been getting this a bit actually so we're currently reconsidering our adjustments to make this better. Thank you for wishing us well. We appreciate it and truly we appreciate feedback as well.

I'm actually happy somebody finally pointed this aspect of the game. As a supernatural world, abilities that are superhuman become more commonplace. (ex. ability to dodge bullets at point blank, etc.) This becomes more evident too depending on who or what you will be fighting in the game. For example, fighting the feral vampires are hard because they are harder to hit than everybody else. The werewolves are easier to hit but massively tough to hurt unless you use silver. The strategies are not linear in terms of tactics. The players will now have to account for these too.

Actually, this what we are still trying to balance. The difficulty of the shot versus the damage modern weapons deal. We tried making the hit better and basically it became much less fun. Any level 1 character started taking down level 10 characters by just simply emptying their mag.

Back
Top Bottom