Legend - Hand of God - Movie Rights Licenced to Boll KG

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
We have received official confirmation that Uwe Boll´s film production company has acquired the rights to make a movie based on Master Creating´s upcoming action-RPG Legend - Hand of God. Shooting will take place in 2008. The whole project will have a budget of 40 Mio of an unspecified currency, probably either USD or real money. ;)
More information.

What do game fans in German and International game fans think about Boll?
In the US he is reviled, for what he is doing to game based movies, yet he keeps getting movie deals, even in the US. :(

We really don't get to hear what International fans think of this guy.
Isn't some tax loop hole that he uses to write off all his expenses on the Germans taxpayers, iirc?

That's what I heard, something along the lines of him using his films to get money via the govt.

I kinda enjoy his films actually in a so-bad-it's-good way, you guys should know me by now, I'm a glutton for low budget punishment! I'd never buy one, but Ive rented a couple of his films. I think some of the fight scenes in House of the Dead were fun, and Bloodrayne tho mostly lame had some cool fights too. That's kinda where he does best, small little scenes of people engaged in exagerrated battle. Too bad the rest of the movie stinks, lol

The tax loophole has been closed 2 years ago. Now international movies can only get a limited direct money infusion if they are shot in Germany, like for example Tom Cruise´s new movie. For once the government did the right thing. The German movie industry is booming.

What do game fans in German and International game fans think about Boll?
In the US he is reviled, for what he is doing to game based movies, yet he keeps getting movie deals, even in the US. :(

We really don't get to hear what International fans think of this guy.
Isn't some tax loop hole that he uses to write off all his expenses on the Germans taxpayers, iirc?

Infamous. Notorious. Bad taste. These are the only words that come to my mind when I think of him.

If you believe in the "any attention is a good thing" philosophy, then Uwe ought to bring in lots of attention. Given the number of people on aintitcool, slashdot, etc who froth and foam at the very mention of the name, this should raise awareness of the game to lots of frothers and foamers who otherwise wouldn't know the game even exists.

Still and all, it makes be feel sorry for the game.

It seemed that the Postal movie would be the perfect confluence of bad taste ...

That boxing match in which he fought some of his critics was funny. He's supposedly a real boxer, and he led these people to believe that he was just playing for fun. Then he got in there and layed into them!

Boll is dentist.

An no, I don't think he has a large german fanbase.

I kinda enjoy his films actually in a so-bad-it's-good way, you guys should know me by now, I'm a glutton for low budget punishment!
Same here: I love bad movies, and Dr. Uwe's rank high in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom