Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts Available August 13th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest expansion for Battle Brothers, Blazing Deserts, will release August 13th.

The largest and most ambitious DLC for Battle Brothers yet is almost ready. We're happy to announce that the 'Blazing Deserts' DLC for Battle Brothers will be released on August 13th for the price of $14.99 or your regional equivalent. You can already find and wishlist it right here.

ecb7c97b5225c58cac69534f58a4e31781dff69c.jpg

The artwork above can also be downloaded as a wallpaper here.

The 'Blazing Deserts' DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with new lands of burning deserts and lush oases to the south. Visit independent city states, fight in the arena, face desert raiders and southern beasts in battle. Wear new gear inspired by Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages, employ alchemical contraptions and primitive firearms, and forge your own path when the fires of religious turmoil threaten to engulf the world in a new late game crisis.

Features

• New Lands - Visit new lands to the south with independent city-states that have their own lore, equipment and services, as well as entirely new character backgrounds to recruit.
  • Retinue - Hire non-combat followers for your retinue to customize your campaign experience to fit your playstyle. Hire a drill sergeant to train your men. Never lose shields again with a blacksmith that can repair gear no matter how damaged. Buy carts for additional inventory space.
  • Arena - Fight in front of cheering spectators to earn coin, experience and unique rewards as an alternative to mercenary work.
  • New Crisis - Survive a new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil.
  • New Opponents - Face new factions of city state soldiers and desert raiders, complete with their own gear and unique mechanics. Hunt down and get hunted by desert beasts.
  • New Origins - Play using one of three new southern-themed origins, each with special rules that shape your campaign into a different experience from beginning to end.
  • New Banners and Gear - Dress in style with a collection of new banners, shields, helmets and armors inspired by Arabic and Persian culture. Use new weapons, alchemical contraptions and primitive firearms.
  • Legendary Location - Visit a new legendary location and fight a new boss in a quest that leads to a legendary reward.
  • New Location Environments - Fight amidst southern ruins and nomad tents on the tactical combat map, in addition to graveyards and encampments by brigands, orcs and goblins that come with a free update to the base game.
  • New Contracts and Events - Earn your stay in the south by taking on new contracts. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
  • New Music - Several new music tracks set the mood on your adventures.
  • New Achievements - Challenge yourself with new achievements.

Please note: You'll be able to continue your current campaign with the DLC, but you won't have access to all of the new content until you start a new campaign. Starting a new campaign is very much recommended.
More information.

i have lost count how many times i restarted this game ....
Great game.

This DLC looks like it adds some very interesting upgrades. Not a real big fan of the gunpowder weapons but I can live with that. The arenas and a new late game crisis have me excited. Also, a gladiator origin and non combat members is a plus.

I'm ready for a new campaign. May the sands run red with my foe's blood :)

Plus now the legendary LEGENDS mod will need to be ported to Blazing Deserts as well! :D Good times..

Looks like now is a good time to finally play thus game, I just couldn't get over the bobble heads when it first came out, So any tips from previous players?o_O

Looks like now is a good time to finally play thus game, I just couldn't get over the bobble heads when it first came out, So any tips from previous players?o_O

Tips on the game or getting over the bobble heads? I almost didn't get the game because of the way it looked. Now I have 1700 hours played.

Use shields and spears early and shield wall when you can. Work on an archer early. They will miss a lot at first but become deadly after a few lvls. When you have better armor and a few lvls, two handed weapons are devastating on the battle field.

Use farmhands and brawlers early. They can be almost as good as hedge knights if they have stars in the right stats. Fatigue is important for everyone and make sure your front line has good melee defense. Archers will need some good range defense because they will get shot at a lot. Once your brothers have great armor in the front line and the right skills, they won't need any range defense. Early on enemy shooters can mess you up.

Expect to lose men and use fodder to keep your good brothers alive. Retreating is an option at times, especially in ironman. When you meet new enemies for the first time expect to lose until you learn their tactics. Save often if not playing ironman as you can have some bad luck in this game either with rng or bad spawns that jump you.

One of the few games I have bought every DLC for without buying a gold edition years after the initial release. This games will be remembered as a classic.

Battle Brothers is without a doubt one of the best tactical combat RPGs out there, and it has so much content. I haven't played past the original release nor bought any DLCs simply because I have trouble finding immersion in the lack of female characters/champions, something they've kept neglecting to add DLC after DLC, sadly. With that said, if it's their artistic vision/choice then I have nothing to blame them for. It's a well done game so all the success they're having is well deserved.

If they opened a crappy-merchandise website with an actual Battle Brothers bobblehead, I would totally buy one, and I never buy that crap.

It is streamed, early access key provided to streamers since yesterday at least.
Remarkably, veterans of the scene (who were expected to form the bulk of early accessers) are not many streaming. Might pick up later. Still weird that people who dedicated streaming time to BB have not received or were offered a key to reveal the product in advance.

It is streamed, early access key provided to streamers since yesterday at least.
Remarkably, veterans of the scene (who were expected to form the bulk of early accessers) are not many streaming. Might pick up later. Still weird that people who dedicated streaming time to BB have not received or were offered a key to reveal the product in advance.

Probably they don't have enough viewers. The streamer world is all about profit and people being lambs and getting leeched for it by these "content creators" who in turn are being leeched by the companies that profit from the publicity they bring to their game.

So not enough viewers = not enough publicity = you get no free key, sry. Loyalty is not a thing in those circles.

No.
They were small streamers, regularly streaming BB. They do not switch for products that would allow them to expand their niche.

Many streamers who used to stream BB regularly simply did not answer the call.

Battle Brothers had 8000 people playing on Steam last weekend. That's the most I've seen in my 3+ years playing Battle Brothers. I would say Blazing Deserts is a success.

I played through one campaign as gladiators and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a lot of fun and I find the new monsters and new types of brothers fun too.

I am planning a peasant militia game next. Just trying to find a map where the three southern cities aren't ten days from one another.

Back
Top Bottom